I have a Thrive right now.

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I feel that having full size ports does add a pretty awesome degree of functionality. For example, particularly with a modified OS you could do some very powerful things with a full size, full power USB port.

Please excuse my ignorance, but is the USB support limited on the Thrive out-of-the-box? I mean, how can the USB be enhanced by a "modified OS"?

tre9099

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Please excuse my ignorance, but is the USB support limited on the Thrive out-of-the-box? I mean, how can the USB be enhanced by a "modified OS"?
Well, my idea is that it could be used to hook up a remote transceiver, or to provide some interesting functionality to VNC and other remote control apps, or other things I'm not thinking of. :p

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Well, my idea is that it could be used to hook up a remote transceiver, or to provide some interesting functionality to VNC and other remote control apps, or other things I'm not thinking of. :p

So, out-of-the-box, the USB supports thumb drives for file transfers, right?

Have you used the file manager yet? That's a major reason (along with full-sized USB and SD slot) for my Thrive order.

I hope the arrangement of contacts is identical to that of my HTC Inspire! The texting and email procedures (once I became accustomed to them) are awesomely intuitive. But I don't know how much is android and how much is HTC Sense . . .

tre9099

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
So, out-of-the-box, the USB supports thumb drives for file transfers, right?

Have you used the file manager yet? That's a major reason (along with full-sized USB and SD slot) for my Thrive order.

I hope the arrangement of contacts is identical to that of my HTC Inspire! The texting and email procedures (once I became accustomed to them) are awesomely intuitive. But I don't know how much is android and how much is HTC Sense . . .
Yes, out of the box USB storage like thumb drives and portable hard drives are detected, and work fine. You can open their files using the included file manager app. The file manager works great, and has icons at the top for local, USB and SD. I'm not sure about the Sense vs Honeycomb thing truthfully. You may want to just watch a video review of some other release honeycomb tablet to get a look at the contacts and all that. :)

4 Star General

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't doubt that you have/had the device. I'm very analytical and reading the verbage in your post, I'm going to take a shot in the dark. Your a Toshiba insider, and your mission was to tease us with this prior to its release. Stores make mistakes, but this may be the worse I've heard yet. From sales assoc. up to store mgr would be fired. And you probably actually sold it, as said, so the buyer can verify in the forum(s) that it exist. Well it worked. Bcuz we are all drooling. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't doubt that you have/had the device. I'm very analytical and reading the verbage in your post, I'm going to take a shot in the dark. Your a Toshiba insider, and your mission was to tease us with this prior to its release. Stores make mistakes, but this may be the worse I've heard yet. From sales assoc. up to store mgr would be fired. And you probably actually sold it, as said, so the buyer can verify in the forum(s) that it exist. Well it worked. Bcuz we are all drooling. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

You have precisely voiced my thoughts but I wasn't going to say it! :)

I decided that if we can get more info, we should take it, regardless of the situation . . .

tre9099

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site

*lol* I wish that were the case! :) It's beautiful though, and Toshiba has done a great job with it.

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site

This isn't something new in sales. Video games are leaked like this every single time a new one releases. It just means that the tablets are already in stores but not allowed to be sold until July 10, 2011.

snovguy

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Frys In AZ has them on display and in stock

At least at the Tempe Store.

They have the colored back covers, the hdmi dock and the portfolio case as well. They sold two of them while I was standing there.

Nice looking unit. I'd buy one if i wasn't chained to my XOOM

The silver ring around the front camera is a nice looking touch

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000