I have a Thrive right now.

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
IMHO, the pen is an excellent tool. Although I prefer using finger touch, online links can be very small---and much easier to pen touch. Also, occasionally I prefer to scroll with a pen.

As for apps, I use the premium version of Quickoffice, AccuWeather, Lookout Mobile Security, PocketBible, Opera Mobile browser, IMDb, MyBackup, Pandora, and Classic Notes. I wish I could use OneNote on android devices! I've not yet found a satisfactory calendar although I've studied PocketInformant; I want a calendar that doesn't sync with android calendar and that doesn't sync to the cloud. I just want a plain on-my-local-device calendar. Of course, a huge advantage would be for it to sync with my Outlook though.

You should be aware that if you activate the Kaspersky free trial, you cannot rid your Thrive of it unless you root or perhaps do a hard reset. You may benefit from reading the Kaspersky threads of this forum prior to activating it! Although I don't use many of the apps that are onboard the Thrive out-of-the-box, I totally regret activating the free trial Kaspersky. I tried McAfee Mobile which was very good but it couldn't 100% protect my Thrive as long as the Kaspersky was installed; however, K cannot be uninstalled. I've reccently installed Lookout but haven't yet set it up so don't know how it will do, but I've heard uncountable positive comments about Lookout. :)

Hope you enjoy your new Thrive! Is it your Christmas present?

bullitt5094

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Xmas Thrive. Added to my Photon and CM7 Nook Color. Love it so far as well as all my Droid hardware. Now I have every size screen covered. I'm Droid complete. :)

The LanMeister

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:I Bought the thrive as an addition to my Xoom after reading one particular glowing report in Amazon! She went on and on how perfect it was and was actually giving daily fantastic updates, thing is I like to fall asleep listening to old time radio (Jack Benny, The Shadow, X Minus One, etc.) and Audio Books during the day. The one thing she neglected to mention is the sheer crap speakers. Now I didn't expect stereo (impossable on any tablet with speakers less then 10 inches apart) but the sound had no definition at all. My Xoom sounds like a boom box in comparison. So use headphones you might say, problem is the sound won't crank up fully. Sound for me is everything next to external storage (by the way who was the brain that decided the Xoom 2 didn't need external storage? A deal breaker for me!). I returned the Thrive the following day, which was a hassel being I ordered an extra battery, Roocase, Multidock, etc. However, all's well that ends well thanks to amazons wicked return policy. Next stop Transformer Prime, any kind soul out there know how the primes speaker (Yeah, there's only one) compares tone wise to the Xoom's?:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

minnieusa

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
i pulled that off. it is wide. the drive i need is a regular usb port like in a laptop

Sent from my AT100 using Android Central Forums

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
i pulled that off. it is wide. the drive i need is a regular usb port like in a laptop Sent from my AT100 using Android Central Forums

Last time I looked at my Thrive (earlier this eve) it has a standard usb port on the left and a mini usb port on the right (under the pull-out). :)