When you travel, do you follow a schedule, or just "wing it"?

When you travel, do you follow a schedule, or just "wing it"?

• Total voters

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Following my theme with my What is your favorite form of travel?, when you travel, do you follow a schedule (or itinerary), "wing it", or do something in between? Let me hear your thoughts on this!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I make a plan for roughly half the time I am at a place. The other half I allow for random 'Let's go here!'

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I usually drive so road trips .The road trips vary in distance anywhere from 200 miles to 1,000 miles one way .Depending where I am going depends on where I stay sometimes its hotel sometimes friends.Actually things aren't planned once there just "wing it". :) depending on where I / or we ,,ended up going.

EdwinBos

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Did it all, but currenly like to mixed some pre-scheduled travels with on-the-spot decisions. Mainly because of time constraints (work), otherwise I would probably just go wherever. Did it before and really liked it (much more adventurous).

Never liked group-travel though.

In Flames

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I'd like to say wing it but I normally research where I'm headed for months before I fly out and when I get there I feel like I've lived there for years I know so much about the place

zynigma

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I've always want to wing-it, but end up having a plan. I mostly go on cruises, which usually have schedules for every thing. I guess that's the downside of cruising: there's a lot of stuff to do, but you have to do it around their schedules.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: When you travel, do you follow a schedule, or just "wing it"?

Stopped travelling 10 years ago, but never, ever pre-booked more than 3 days ahead. Hated worrying about getting sick, losing a job, they finding the bodies :) etc.

Last edited:

SasinAndrey

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

I think that I should planned my travel, but should there are some places for wing it!

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site

I plan the cities I'm visiting and the amount of days but I don't plan my days. The less plans, the better.

DerelictDev

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site

I need to count down on my plans. Right now I always plan pretty much everything, where I will be each day, what I will see and what times I will go to each thing. It would be nice to just wing it and experience what happens

Roi Games

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site

When I travel, I do not follow the schedule. But always I look on the Internet which places are worth visiting in this country or the city, and visit them.

OnlyGames

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site

I love it when all the days are full of events and emotions but I don't follow any schedules - my life is usually full of surprises :)

Netty228

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site

I usually go on short trips, so some degree of research and planning is necessary - otherwise I'd just end up blowing a good chunk of time on waffling. But I always make sure there's lots of freespace for chance activities, rest or anything else that could come up spontaneously.

unchartedarea

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site

Halfway, I suppose. I've been using AirBnB a lot, and I've met a lot of good hosts. Most of them have really great tips on where to go, so I often have a couple of destinations in my mind beforehand, but most others I just follow their advices. They've always turned out nicely.