Mesmerize rooted

Blier2488

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the quick replies, another question is there a difference between the z4mod and the leaked froyo for USCC that uses ODIN? I'm new to this and just trying to figure the best way to do this.

Reactions: DroidXcon

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the quick replies, another question is there a difference between the z4mod and the leaked froyo for USCC that uses ODIN? I'm new to this and just trying to figure the best way to do this.

well z4 simply roots your phone, having root means that you have superuser permission, this means that you can modify and change system files and folders that you did not have access to before.....

froyo is the next version of your current operating system. flashing froyo will completely change all the software on your phone....

if you know a little about computers...

Rooting = taking you as a guest user to a administrator

Flashing froyo with odin = is like upgrading you from windows xp to windows 7

flashing foryo + root = you install windows user already as an administrator, you dont have to do anything special to get super user permission

Reactions: Blier2488

Blier2488

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
well z4 simply roots your phone, having root means that you have superuser permission, this means that you can modify and change system files and folders that you did not have access to before.....

froyo is the next version of your current operating system. flashing froyo will completely change all the software on your phone....

if you know a little about computers...

Rooting = taking you as a guest user to a administrator

Flashing froyo with odin = is like upgrading you from windows xp to windows 7

flashing foryo + root = you install windows user already as an administrator, you dont have to do anything special to get super user permission

Ok thanks i understand it for the most part one last thing would be what is ODIN exactly is it another way to root the phone or is it part of flashing froyo to the phone after it has been rooted?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok thanks i understand it for the most part one last thing would be what is ODIN exactly is it another way to root the phone or is it part of flashing froyo to the phone after it has been rooted?

Odin is a leaked tool that samsung uses to program phones. using specifically formated files, you will enter them into Odin and this will program your phone.

the reason they say froyo + root.. simply means that the software that you will be replacing on your phone already has given you permisson to change system files.

if you flashed froyo without root, then you would need to get the z4 app to give you this super user permission.

Acroma

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I rooted and lag fixed my phone without even plugging it into my PC.

Just get astro file manager from the market, download z4root with a browser from XDA, grab OCLF from the market. Reboot the phone, install z4root "from astro", root, after that is done install OCLF and install the lagfix v1+. Done!

Don't even worry about turning anything on,"like debugging, or third party apps" it will prompt you if its not on and take you to it to turn it on.

If at any point the phone locks up just hold down the power button and restart. If that doesn't work pull the batt. If at any point you do something in the wrong order it will inform you of the step you missed. Its ID10T proof.

Warning!!!! Doing this voids your warranty.

rhinoone82

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok I just rooted my Mesmerize. I was just wondering if anyone has a list of the apps that come installed on the phone that I can uninstall with screwing the phone up. I have searched some but have not found much on just the Mesmerize.

Thanks in advance.

Dman07

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
That's exactly what I have been after. Took me a while to root and get clockworkmod on mine, but if I can remove that stupid Galaxy S Premium icon and ToneRoom Deluxe, I'll be happy.

lgarneau

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey all I'm new to to this and need some help.I'm trying to get my phone to do recovery mode?can't get it to work.help.and one more question if i use z4root and I don't like my rooted phone is there a way to unroot it?any help would b greatly appreciated.thanx

AlterPostal

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Which app? Z4 root? I just saw it in the Amazon app store yesterday.
Ok, so I've read and re-read this whole thing about finally root my Mesmerize and I've installed the Z4root from Amazon app store and rebooted [at least 3 times] and is not working..

I've noticed one thing tho, all this posts of success are way back, before the 2nd froyo update from USCC, which I got, and is the reason why I want to root and I really really wish I could add some CM7 or something of the like, even stock 2.3, anything just not this build! It really messed my compass and GPS :'(

Help please?

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I've read and re-read this whole thing about finally root my Mesmerize and I've installed the Z4root from Amazon app store and rebooted [at least 3 times] and is not working..

I've noticed one thing tho, all this posts of success are way back, before the 2nd froyo update from USCC, which I got, and is the reason why I want to root and I really really wish I could add some CM7 or something of the like, even stock 2.3, anything just not this build! It really messed my compass and GPS :'(

Help please?

Hey I just saw that you posted this the other day. You don't necessarily have to be rooted to go the custom ROM route. Read through THIS THREAD, it explains how to use Odin to flash ROMS to your Mesmerize. Just make sure that the rom package is intended for Odin. Also in that thread, there are links to download the 2.1, and original 2.2 files. Also, in THIS THREAD, there is a link to an Odin package of a leaked 2.2 rom that came out before USCC and Samsung officially released 2.2 froyo. It is a rooted package, so one you flash it through Odin, your Mez will be rooted. This rom is pretty rock solid...I used it for about 2 months.
You can also check out THIS THREAD, it explains using Clockwork Mod recovery to flash other roms that aren't in Odin packages. One of those is the ROM I'm currently using, Heinz 57 and is rooted and really awesome. Heres a link to info on Heinz 57.
PM me if you need more help; I don't always check these threads. Just make sure before you start the process, that you read everything through thoroughly and make sure you understand it; if you do that, you should have no problems. These instructional threads are written up pretty well.

Reactions: AlterPostal

AlterPostal

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I did a full wipe/factory reset [official EE19] and SD format after copying/backup the apk(s) of several apps to my pc.

Copied back to the SD card my media and those apk(s), the very 1st thing I do even before setting up my Google account is installing the Z4root app and it didn't worked.
It opens, loads the ad, I touch the tap of permanent root, shows the msgs at the bottom of app screen about running the exploit for about a minute and then it vibrates once, after a few seconds the app closes, and then you get the triple vibrate. Afterwards the phone seems laggy to the tap/swipe responses and you cannot open Z4root, it just vibrates when you tap it.

I just wanted to say this because I think the EE19 shut the exploit that this app uses to root.

Ok now I'm gonna ODIN back to the EC10 from this forums hoping it's the very same I had before, because if it is, I should not have any problems of missed calls/txt or GPS or compass as I didn't have when I had it from release until I updated to EE19. And yeah, I opened maps before the Z4 failed try and the compass its screwed and GPS is not locking with ease.

Wish me luck it's gonna be my 1st ODIN flash.

TimH

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I did a full wipe/factory reset [official EE19] and SD format after copying/backup the apk(s) of several apps to my pc.

Copied back to the SD card my media and those apk(s), the very 1st thing I do even before setting up my Google account is installing the Z4root app and it didn't worked.
It opens, loads the ad, I touch the tap of permanent root, shows the msgs at the bottom of app screen about running the exploit for about a minute and then it vibrates once, after a few seconds the app closes, and then you get the triple vibrate. Afterwards the phone seems laggy to the tap/swipe responses and you cannot open Z4root, it just vibrates when you tap it.

I just wanted to say this because I think the EE19 shut the exploit that this app uses to root.

Ok now I'm gonna ODIN back to the EC10 from this forums hoping it's the very same I had before, because if it is, I should not have any problems of missed calls/txt or GPS or compass as I didn't have when I had it from release until I updated to EE19. And yeah, I opened maps before the Z4 failed try and the compass its screwed and GPS is not locking with ease.

Wish me luck it's gonna be my 1st ODIN flash.
try superoneclick to root, it works on mez, link here: Log In | Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC