New to the world of advanced tech

mattiekakes81

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
So I am contemplating rooting my Mesmeriz, however, I dont know ANYTHING about hacking or roms or "flashing" or any of the other terms i have seen. If anyone could help explain or point me in the correct direction that would be much appreciated, as I am very eager to learn.

I have also heard rumors of a 2.2 rom for the Mesmerize. Is this rumor accurate?

phidelt82

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
So I am contemplating rooting my Mesmeriz, however, I dont know ANYTHING about hacking or roms or "flashing" or any of the other terms i have seen. If anyone could help explain or point me in the correct direction that would be much appreciated, as I am very eager to learn.

I have also heard rumors of a 2.2 rom for the Mesmerize. Is this rumor accurate?

First, rooting isn't for everyone. That being said, there are many reasons to root. Top 10 Reasons To Root Your Android Phone The #1 reason in my opinion is to get a full system backup so that you have a way to get back from most problems if you do have any. This is now possible for the Mesmerize as of yesterday. Clockworkmod for the Mesmerize WORKING! - xda-developers

At this point there are no ROMs available for the Mesmerize, as ROMs usually contain carrier or phone specific files or features that aren't cross compatible. These will come in time. Some are being worked on currently.

Flashing is just a way of basically activating or executing a file.

As for 2.2, we are all eagerly awaiting it's arrival. I look every day for updates and as of yet, there are no hard dates. There is speculation that it should hit by the end of the month, but no one knows if that means to the VO team at USCC for testing or the customers. If the VO team already has it and all is going well, hopefully we will see it by the end of the year. I wouldn't hold my breath for anything sooner, just because I know how much they like to test firmware before letting it out to the customer.

My advice before you do anything is read up on anything you want to do first, and make sure you have a pretty good understanding of the consequences of your actions before you take the plunge. Also remember, this is your phone and you should be able to do with it as you please. Make it your own. Enjoy it.

Sorry for the novel... lol