Forward Facing camera hardware?

i4get75

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I know that the USCC version doesn't "have" the forward facing camera but it sure does look like the camera lens is in there. Could it be that the camera is still in there but just not enabled? Maybe someone can hack this to get it working?

phidelt82

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
I know that the USCC version doesn't "have" the forward facing camera but it sure does look like the camera lens is in there. Could it be that the camera is still in there but just not enabled? Maybe someone can hack this to get it working?

The actual camera hardware is not installed and there is a software component missing also. I have seen "how to" threads on the other US versions of the Galaxy S where people have added the forward facing camera back in. The issues that I've seen with this include everything from as minor as just voiding your warranty for opening up the case to messing up the rear facing camera also. Some people have gotten it to work, but from what I understand so far if you aren't pretty tech savvy I wouldn't try it.

i4get75

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
That's actually the sensor to turn off the screen when you bring the phone up to your face. The camera goes on the other side.

If you look close there are three lenses there. One of them is the proximity sensor, one is a light sensor...the other is where the camera would have gone if it was included with the phone.

phidelt82

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
If you look close there are three lenses there. One of them is the proximity sensor, one is a light sensor...the other is where the camera would have gone if it was included with the phone.

From everything that I've read, the inside of these are all the same. The camera goes on the other side, and the "hole" where you would be able to see the lense is covered. I'll check with the service tech this week though. I can have him open one up and we can check it out. (another perk of the job, I guess) If I see anything different, I'll definitely let you know.

Reactions: i4get75

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams