USB - Mesmerize not recognised

mtpocketsad

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Have connected cable to computer ( windows 7 on a lap top) it shows E drive when cable is plugged in, When you click it it says insert disc. Worked a week ago. Have tried different cables. Reinstalled samsung uSB driver. By the way this is the Samsung Mesmerize on US Cellular.

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Pull down your gray notification bar at the top of the screen. There should be a notification saying something to the effect of "Usb connectrd Select to copy files to/from your computer". Tap that and it should be recognized. Just go to that same spot notification to unmount before unplugging the usb.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
You're welcome! I spent some time pulling my hair out before I figured that out, then felt sheepish since it was fairly obvious :p

Sir Mongo

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
What about someone having a similar problem? On my phone, the "USB Connected" notification isn't popping up when I plug it into the computer. It's a Samsung Mesmerize, U.S. Cellular. I just reinstalled the latest drivers and it didn't help anything. What can I do to fix this?

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
What about someone having a similar problem? On my phone, the "USB Connected" notification isn't popping up when I plug it into the computer. It's a Samsung Mesmerize, U.S. Cellular. I just reinstalled the latest drivers and it didn't help anything. What can I do to fix this?

Are you plugging directly into a USB port on the computer, or into a usb hub? Also, you said it "isn't popping up". Am I correct in assuming that's just your way of saying it's not showing up in your notification bar? You need to pull down your notification bar to see the connect button (see picture below.)
Other thing could be that your usb cable is on the fritz.

Let us know either way if that works or not.

SC20110702-214333.png

CONDUCT

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to upgrade my phone also to Ginderbread but it seems as if my phone is not recognized from any computer I attach the USB to. It does charge the phone but windows xp or 7 see's the phone. I also don't' see the grey notification bar that you can pull down and tap Mobile Data.
I see in the settings you can change the USB / Samsung Kies or Ask on connection and I have played around with them but still nothing happens.

Ah fixed it.. Rebooting the phone did the job

Last edited:

pbhales

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I have been having the same problem for some time: phone connected always charges but alternates between a complete non-recognition in Windows7 (no beep, no new hardware notification) or an announcement that the device has malfunctioned and so was not recognized and a callup of an unknown usb. I have tried various strategies-- playing with the usb settings among all three options; downloading new device drivers from kies mini, even doing a hard reset to factory settings, which required reinstalling my contacts and calendar afterward. Still nothing-- on three separate computers, all recent, high-end machines, two running Windows7 64 bit, the third running Vista. The US Cellular rep at the store was no help. I have used different cables, and different usb inputs-- front and back of the computer. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

bellifritz

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
The only way the computer would recognize my phone was to hook up the usb cable and power the phone off and back on. It found the phone and installed the drivers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol