My phone is possessed!!

DCooper323

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
So Ive had my mesmerize for about a month and a half. it was working great, but now about a week ago, it seems like its possessed. The haptic feedback kicks in for no reason sometimes. without even touching a button it will do it. Also, if i just hit the sleep(power) button, it takes a screenshot, without any other buttons pushed. that is rather annoying. Sometimes i can have an app open, and just looking at the phone, it will start pulling up mennus, and backing out of the app. it is affecting the battery life tremendously... any help?

MRWOLF6969

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
My mes did the same the only thing us cellular could do is send yet another phone. Maybe phone number 3 will work. I think it is tied to the problem with the software and us cell.

DCooper323

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
they wiped and reloaded my phone, it worked for about 3 hours, and started doing it again. its almost like the back button pushes itself... its crazy, and i hate it.

anon(156336)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, mine does the same exact thing, but it only seems to be when the phone's screen is facing down. For example, laying in bed, and it seems to happen a lot with some apps more than others... Facebook does this to me ALL the time. If I open the market or something though... Its fine. I've learned to live with it.. I'm just waiting for a Tegra2 device from US Cellular.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

MRWOLF6969

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Good luck and let us know if you figure it out. My 5 th one should be hear today as to end phone calls now I have to do a batt pull. I can't wait for the new phones.

DCooper323

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Well i contacted US Cellular again last night. Spoke with a tech for about an hour. Factory reset on my phone, with no apps other than bloatware, and it still did it. How is it possible that I got 3 phones in a row(4 tomorrow) that did the same thing? And this isnt a common problem?

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
You know I can't really speak to that; I've always had custom roms on mine pretty much from the day I got it.

KingSeta

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site
So Ive had my mesmerize for about a month and a half. it was working great, but now about a week ago, it seems like its possessed. The haptic feedback kicks in for no reason sometimes. without even touching a button it will do it. Also, if i just hit the sleep(power) button, it takes a screenshot, without any other buttons pushed. that is rather annoying. Sometimes i can have an app open, and just looking at the phone, it will start pulling up mennus, and backing out of the app. it is affecting the battery life tremendously... any help?

I have a Samsung GS6 and it seems to be doing a similar thing. It started last night at a hotel. I was in an app and all of the sudden contacts opened. I thought nothing of it until it started happening consistantly about every 2 minutes. My first thought is that someone had remotley controlled me through the wifi, because it was lacking of any protection. I disconnected and it stopped. So I reconnected to the wifi and about a minute later my phone randomly opened contacts again and then turned my ringer all the way down. By that point I was a little freaked out and turned off my phone, not turning it back on until just now to write this reply. Someone tell me if I could possibly be remotley controlled over a public wifi network or no, because I am a little spooked now.

Raven Heart26

Sep 8, 2019
Visit site

i used to have a Samsung Solstice 2 that started showing me pictures of people whod
I"d meet later in life . the pictures were pictures taken by me 2 years later.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey