4.3 update downloading now!

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Got my update tonight too. I'm having all kinds of problems ridiculously fast battery drain. Text messages just say sending forever and never send. The swipe typing with the Samsung keyboard is horrible now. Trying to open some apps open completely different ones. Apps crashing all the time. Definitely not what I was expecting. My phone is basically unusable right now

Posted via Android Central App

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Can someone decline the update and get it later at any other time if they choose to? I would hate to download it on the wife's phone and then it be unusable

csmartly

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Battery is the major issue with this update. Rest is fine but battery drains very fast. Even after disabling data, there is no change. Don't understand what is the issue.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Battery is the major issue with this update. Rest is fine but battery drains very fast. Even after disabling data, there is no change. Don't understand what is the issue.
What does it show in battery setting that's taking up most of the battery?

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Like most Android 4.3 devices its generally the kernel and os that's doing the draining. It is not limited to the Note 2 but HTC and other Samsung products have the same issues as well. My brand new Note 3 does not last nearly as long as the Note 2 with the same settings. I get about 2+hours less screen time with the Note 3.

velvetvetfog82

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
My battery life seems about the same. The issue that I'm having is apps that worked before now, force close all the time. The news apps zite and dripper won't even load now and I checked these apps multiple times every day before the update. I'd be happy if the apps I really enjoyed before, worked now.

Last edited:

velvetvetfog82

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Ok oddly the apps I was complaining about not working, that haven't worked for 5 days....... Started working again today. I'm guessing just because I started complaining about it...

anon(2383976)

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I always factory reset after receiving a major update. My skyrocket was unusable after its last major update, but after reset it worked like charm

Posted via Android Central App

Jennifer Rittmann

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Ok oddly the apps I was complaining about not working, that haven't worked for 5 days....... Started working again today. I'm guessing just because I started complaining about it...

Ok, I had a similar problem... But I completely lost my multi-window (Multitasking) bar! Now, I had several people look at it even, just to make sure I wasn't missing something, then this afternoon after I start complaining about it again, it was just all of the sudden there!

Still can't figure out how to turn it off (disable) it like I use to be able to, but I think I am much happier that it is at least back!