How to Root The US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S3

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
What's the difference between cyanogenmod 10 m2 and cyanogenmod nightly?

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
What's the difference between cyanogenmod 10 m2 and cyanogenmod nightly?

Someone said there is a root toolkit that does the rooting for you so that it's idiot proof...Lol. is this true and Where do I find it if so?

o_O WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_<o~

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Someone said there is a root toolkit that does the rooting for you so that it's idiot proof...Lol. is this true and Where do I find it if so?

Yep that's the one I used. Just follow the steps and it will do it for you. Make sure u choose the us cellular section.

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Yep that's the one I used. Just follow the steps and it will do it for you. Make sure u choose the us cellular section.

My husband put his foot down n told me I'm NOT rooting this phone. We paid 350 for it and That's a lot of money for us. I can't afford another phone if I fry this one.

kc HARGIS

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Well I feel like a complete and total noob. I rooted last night without making a back up. 10 mins later I dropped my phone. Now my screen is spider webbed. I've done quite a batch of searching, but have found nothing. Tomorrow I want to replace this phone using my warranty. My question is how do I restore to warranty status. I've found plenty of threads for other carriers but nothing for uscc. All I find isn people asking the same question but never any answers. Could anyone help me? Please!!

Craig Thoreson

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Hoping for some advise, looking for a JB rom for the s3. Got it rooted and tried the cyanogenmod10 but once installed and rebooted it would just bring up the animated cyanogenmod screen run for a few seconds and reboot any thoughts.

Tarant

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Did you wipe data, cache and dalvik?

What Mod are you running, Nightly or Stable?

Do you have the latest recovery?

Wiscoinferno

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPRWk8d0sUQ

Android: 4.0.4
Baseband: R530UVXLI4

I tried to root my phone with the above video. I followed the instructions in the toolkit and did the PDA with Odin, but my phone never restarted. I can't get it to turn on at all beyond the SAMSUNG banner or sometimes I get the empty battery symbol which can't be true since this happened last night and I had it on the charger since then.

Please help...

Tjschnabel

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
So I've been trying to root my US Cellular S3 using information from this thread and other floating around. I'm hitting an issue real early in the process, pushing CWM from Odin to the phone. I can put my phone in download mode, I've set up odin from this thread and 3.04 from another thread for SGS3 rooting (found here: Team Epic: CWM Recovery on all SGS3 LTE Variants ). In both cases, when I push CWM out, this is the output I get in Odin:

<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> recovery.img

On the phone:
Odin Mode
Product name: SCH-530U
Custom Binary Download: No
Current Binary: Samsung Official
System Status: Official
Qualcomm Secureboot: Enable

And Odin just sort of hangs here. It doesn't brick anything, if I pull the battery and restart the phone it loads back up fine. I'm just unable to push out CWM and therefore cannot root. Is there anything else I should try or is there something wrong with my phone?

liborp

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
SAFE AND QUICK ROOT OR UNROOT YOUR GALAXY
WITH ANY KERNEL VERSION OR YOUR PHONE FREEZES
OR HAVE ANY SOFTWARE PROBLEMS THEN VISIT
samsunghelp.weebly.com
AND DOWNLOAD OUR ROOT OR UNROOT PACKAGE

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
SAFE AND QUICK ROOT OR UNROOT YOUR GALAXY
WITH ANY KERNEL VERSION OR YOUR PHONE FREEZES
OR HAVE ANY SOFTWARE PROBLEMS THEN VISIT
samsunghelp.weebly.com
AND DOWNLOAD OUR ROOT OR UNROOT PACKAGE

You might want to mention that you charge for this...

From the website:
Immediately after small payment click on "RETURN TO BOXTER24" to get to our download page.
To root or unroot your phone doesn't take more than 5 minutes and will be perfectly working for life.

Morpheus420

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
This is all very new to me, so please excuse my ignorance.

Is this discussing how to get a sgs3 to work on US cellular, or getting a US cellular version of the s3 to work on other networks?

I am trying to activate an s3 (branded us cellular) and have been running into issues. I was told this version of the s3 was compatible with GSM networks, but now I have come to find out that it is not. My reasoning is to get the s3 to work on a network that provides a no contract unlimited plan. I ended up with a prepaid tmobile sim card that is non-refundable and doesn't work in the s3 currently. When selecting mobile networks I am getting LTE/CDMA and CDMA as options. No global or GSM option. I would like to get the tmobile sim to work so that I am not out the money spent on the sim card.

Is this discussion what I am looking for to fix my problem? I need some help from someone more experienced and patient enough to help me understand this.

Samsung Galaxy S3
Model SCH-R530U
Android 4.0.4
Baseband R530UVXLI4

Morpheus420

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the clear-cut answer. So, I'm curious, why does it have a SIM card slot if it will only work on CDMA networks? I thought CDMA phones did not use SIM cards.

EDIT: Also, is Verizon's CDMA s3 different from US cellular's? Because I found this Change CDMA Samsung Galaxy S3 to GSM but don't really understand the details in the process. It seems to be dealing with the same phone, just from Verizon instead of US cellular.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781