How to Root The US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S3

socha818

May 23, 2013
Visit site
All I have done is root it using the toolkit. I have clockworkmod on and team win. The only thing I think that is messed up is the wifi part. It doesn't turn on. The other things I think we're due to battery being dead.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums

socha818

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I will have to check it out. All I can think of is that I had the wifi on when I began rooting? I will look through and see and let you know. Thanks.

socha818

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Read through it and I don't see anything either. So I wonder if unrooting will fix it?

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
If I was you I'd unroot then re root again and see if it helps any. Rooting shouldn't hurt anything at all.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Android Central Forums

socha818

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. Would you use the toolkit or another method? What do I do with the apps that I had downloaded when I rooted? What will happen with team win recovery when I unboot?

socha818

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I do not believe so. All i have done is the toolkit to root and got rid of a few crap bloatware apps.
I am a tech type person, but so far i feel stupid. sorry

socha818

May 23, 2013
Visit site
SOOOOOO after long awaited thought, I used the toolkit to wipe/factory rest my phone. However, the wifi didnt work, there for I flashed the stock ROM back onto it and now it is working. Whew. That was scary. It is working fine now. Now I just have to customize my "new" phone again.

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Glad you got it working. Sometimes the best way is to just try what you think is the right thing to do. After you root, read up and make sure to do a nandroid backup on a regular basis and always before tinkering. That way you can go right back to how things were.

socha818

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I had a backup file, but the thing was, I might as well start the phone from square one. I took all the important stuff off my sd card before doing it. So I wiped it all. Its working fine. Now I have to go through the stuff like the first day. Now if I am to root, again, to get rid of that crap bloatware, I should do nandroid backup (download on google play?) then root, correct.

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
You shouldn't have to download nandroid, It would install when you root. I think the correct option from the toolkit says something like "load all three, recommended".

Other than that, your order of operation is close. You can't do nandroid until you root so...

root
nandroid backup
maybe a second nandroid, just for giggles
play

socha818

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Well son of a %$#@! I tried to root again, guess what, wifi doesnt work again! Man. Back to square one again!!!
This time all I did was flash the stock drive back on it without wiping the storage, the wifi was already turned on when it rebooted after the toolkit was done. So it was on without me turning it on. Odd.

leofamemonster

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I have to same issue and I live in Canada, had no idea the US Cellular does this that's why I bought the phone on Ebay. Now I am stuck and don't have a clue how to unlock this phone.. I already lost 60 dollars on the phone as I had to pay duty to get it into Canada. If there is any way to unlock the phone I would really appreciate it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12