05-25-2014 09:51 PM
28 12
tools
    I know this is a bit of a late reply to this thread but mine and my wife's phones have had signal issues since the day we got them. I was told this by US Cellular Tier 2 technical support - If you purchased the GS3 right away when they first came out (within the first couple weeks), a few hundred thousand units sent to the US were apparently assembled wrong (and I'm not sure exactly what that means), but they were shipped to the US defective. I was told that this only affected about 1-2% of the units out there, but when you ship how many million units, it's easy to see that this is a notable problem. It is not carrier specific to USC, these early units affected customers with Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, and T-Mobile as well. One way to check if yours is the earlier unit for USC is to look under the battery for the 16GB notation. The revised units had 16GB- or 16GB/ something after it. They still claim that even if yours just says 16GB, that does not mean it's one of the bad ones. They also take a look at your dropped calls info since date of activation and further investigate to see if your unit is truly defective. Now if USC deems your unit to be defective, they will send you a brand new unit. You are expected to return yours within 14 days of receiving your new handset. I hope this helps/clarifies any questions regarding the horrible reception for some of you on your GS3. - Josh
    12-05-2012 06:11 AM
    You would be looking for either a -B or a -BR for the latest update after the 16GB under the battery.
    12-06-2012 07:25 AM
    So it seems my signal strength is not as good on this phone as it was on my S2. It dropped out completely when I was at home yesterday and it just seems like it's overall weaker in a lot of areas.
    Anyone else experiencing this?

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Android Central Forums
    05-25-2014 09:51 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD