Switching from Blackberry Torch

pvdiamon

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I haven't yet decided to switch, first wanting to be sure it does what I want it to do. I see a lot about syncing mail to Gmail. What happens to Microsoft Outlook mail? Can I get that synced without going through Gmail?

Can mail be filtered? With Blackberry, you can go to uscellular.blackberry.com and set up filters so that all mail doesn't get pushed. Is there a way to filter mail on Android?

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

John

Invader3K

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I just made the same jump...went from the 9850 to the Galaxy S III with no regrets whatsoever. I use Hotmail and can get my emails and folders just fine on the Galaxy. I don't have too much experience using filters so I can't comment on that part.

Seriously though, the Galaxy is such a far superior device that I think you'll be very happy if you make this move.

badhabit_wb

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
i switched from a 9650 last 10 days ago and i have 5 email accounts, hotmail, yahoo, gmail, and a couple of smartermail accounts. i can combine them or read them separately. i had a little problem setting up a couple of the accounts but once set up they work fine. instead of getting emails instantly like blackberry it reconciles every 5 minutes. i also added beweather and bedside to make it act more like my 9650. myphoneexplorer does a great job syncing outlook. it's a little clunkier than blackberry desktop but that said i like it. i think you'll be pleased with the s iii if you give it a few weeks. i've been on vacation since i got mine and have spent a lot of time playing with it. was trying to wait for blackberrry 10 but my 9650 died and uscc forced me to upgrade since i had an upgrade available.

OniBerry

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I made the switch from a 9900 two-three weeks ago. I haven't looked back. I have a new outlook address and I use the android Hotmail app (which you can download from www.outlook.com

Works great with my SGS3.

Good luck with the switch!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol