I have ATT but I have a US Cellular GS3

kincayd

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Is there any way for me to use my US Cellular GS3 with my ATT sim card? I did not realize I needed to buy an ATT phone when I purchased this one tonight, If anyone can help me out I would really appreciate it..

Just to clarify, I have a US CELLULAR Galaxy s3 and I use ATT and have an ATT sim card. It is showing up as no sim card according to the phone. I just rooted it.

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
If you just purchased it take it back and get an AT&T phone. To use the current one it would need to be unlocked which is now illegal (at the moment) unless the Carrier (US Cellular) unlocks it for you. For US Cellular to unlock it you would need an account with them, usually at least 90 days and in good standing.

kincayd

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I bought it through Craigslist. I have found a few videos online explaining how to do this by placing a call and using a certain code, but because my sim card is not reading in the phone it will not let me place the call. Is there a way to do this without having to place a call?

jacquieball

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
The same thing keeps happening to me.*I've*also been told to insert another sim card that wasn't compatible, turn the phone off and back on again and a screen should appear asking for the unlock code and my phone dosent do that either. I have the exact same problem I have a sg3 from us cell and an at&t sim card. So if I am ever able to unlock my phone will my at&t sim card even work if I use it in my sg3?

jacquieball

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
And actually you're not supposed to "call" the sequence you enter on the dial pad, your phone is supposed to just switch to another screen that shows a manufacturer set up menu. I've also heard that phones from the united states can't be unlocked?? (Rumor I don't know) and I've also heard that us cell has a completely different system that won't allow that menu to pop up. So if you ever figure this out cause Ive tried for so long, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! I hope in anyway I've helped you out sorry if I didn't.

reese26

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi..I have a verizon s3 that I am using now with AT&T network...what you need to do when you power on your s3 with your sim inside is go to the setting>more setting>mobile network>network mode>select gsm(att/tmobile) or try global option if the gsm will not work..It will show unrecognized simcard network but you should ba able to call,text, use the wifi...Let me know if it works!

wkm001

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
You need to be running a stock TouchWiz ROM in order for the dial codes to work properly. You don't actually call them, when you finish dialing the code something happens.

Ted Lamkin

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
You need to be running a stock TouchWiz ROM in order for the dial codes to work properly. You don't actually call them, when you finish dialing the code something happens.

If you've fulfilled your contract with a carrier or bought a phone carrier locked out right and "own" it you are allowed to unlock the device. Too many ppl commenting that don't know the rules and clauses. I fulfilled my contact with at&t last October and wanted my phones unlocked as is my right and they're obligated to do it actually upon request. They gave me a huge 2 day run around. All my phones (16 phones and tablets) are Samsung. IF you have met your obligations you CAN UNLOCK THE DEVICE LEGALLY. That's why unlocking services are allowed to exist. Google it and they're are hundreds. Or.... dial *#197328640# and go to udma and proceed to network lock I believe and then push the option with "NV data" or something like that and then wait 30 seconds and reboot the device. It's now unlocked... be sure it has a foreign simple inserted. Only works on 4.1.1 back to 2.3.6 I believe. You can flash 4.1.1 and then up lock then go back up to whatever version you want and unlock remains. Different partition. On a tablet there a code for the calculator (+300... I don't remember lol Google it though... brings up a dial pad and then enter the aforementioned code and do the same thing. I'm not in any way responsible for what you do with this information and it's nothing you can't find on YouTube. The stupid law is about to be repealed anyway. I did it because they gave me huge list of possible unlock codes. If you enter the wrong code 10 times it can't be unlocked I've heard. Never tried to see though.

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
If you've fulfilled your contract with a carrier or bought a phone carrier locked out right and "own" it you are allowed to unlock the device. Too many ppl commenting that don't know the rules and clauses. I fulfilled my contact with at&t last October and wanted my phones unlocked as is my right and they're obligated to do it actually upon request. They gave me a huge 2 day run around. All my phones (16 phones and tablets) are Samsung. IF you have met your obligations you CAN UNLOCK THE DEVICE LEGALLY. That's why unlocking services are allowed to exist. Google it and they're are hundreds. Or.... dial *#197328640# and go to udma and proceed to network lock I believe and then push the option with "NV data" or something like that and then wait 30 seconds and reboot the device. It's now unlocked... be sure it has a foreign simple inserted. Only works on 4.1.1 back to 2.3.6 I believe. You can flash 4.1.1 and then up lock then go back up to whatever version you want and unlock remains. Different partition. On a tablet there a code for the calculator (+300... I don't remember lol Google it though... brings up a dial pad and then enter the aforementioned code and do the same thing. I'm not in any way responsible for what you do with this information and it's nothing you can't find on YouTube. The stupid law is about to be repealed anyway. I did it because they gave me huge list of possible unlock codes. If you enter the wrong code 10 times it can't be unlocked I've heard. Never tried to see though.

And some post without reading the Thread. The OP stated he bought it off of Craigs list not a provider. Also I posted he would need an account with US Cellular to get a free Unlock Code.