4.3 Upgrade Issue

Jonathan Wylie

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
So, did the upgrade to 4.3 and all seems to work fine other than I get a perpetual notification about a PDF I downloaded several months ago. I clear the notification but it comes back in 30 mins or so. I open the PDF and delete it, but it still comes back with the download notification. Annoying. I don't know if it is actually downloading the file each time, I think it just tells me it is downloaded, but who knows. I would call US Cellular, but their wait times are a joke right now. My wife waited 3 hours plus yesterday, and still no answer. That was on a call back too! Anyway, any suggestions?

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
So, did the upgrade to 4.3 and all seems to work fine other than I get a perpetual notification about a PDF I downloaded several months ago. I clear the notification but it comes back in 30 mins or so. I open the PDF and delete it, but it still comes back with the download notification. Annoying. I don't know if it is actually downloading the file each time, I think it just tells me it is downloaded, but who knows. I would call US Cellular, but their wait times are a joke right now. My wife waited 3 hours plus yesterday, and still no answer. That was on a call back too! Anyway, any suggestions?

Is this just a random PDF file unrelated to the operating system or a specific app? Assuming you downloaded with either the stock browser or a third-party app browser, maybe clear the browser data and cache? You might also want to go into recovery mode and wipe the partition cache. Some people also recommend a complete factory reset after upgrading to clear out old gunk.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to the forums.
I would suggest going into recovery and clearing cache. Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html

atelford

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Since my phone did upgrade over the weekend, the flash goes off when its ringing and for all notifications.... Is there a way to make this stop?!

aramjc

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I had this happening with about 30 files and pictures after I did the update tonight. Go into your apps and go to Downloads. Clear out the lists and then restart your phone. Doing that made it stop on mine. :)

Posted via Android Central App

base3213

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Anybody having issues when writing an email and copying words from your clipboard and pasting them into your email? I was doing it lastnight and my phone freezes and reboots automatically after I select "Paste", very annoying and it also doesn't save your email as a draft so you have to type it all over again.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
1. Did you wipe the system cache in Recovery mode after the update?
2. Did you perform a Factory Reset after the update? (After making a backup of your important information, of course.)

If you haven't done those two things, you may want to consider it. The first is quick and painless, and you won't lose any data.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol