09-13-2015 04:01 AM
43 12
tools
    Software and hard factory reset does not cure the problem.
    09-06-2014 04:56 PM
    So how did usc closing shop here in Chicago affect current customers? Did u guys notice any improvement to us cellular?

Sent from my T-Mobile Z730 using Tapatalk (Central n Ohio Austin IL)
    09-06-2014 05:03 PM
    Thanks clearing the cache in recovery worked for me!
    09-11-2014 04:47 PM
    i do a factory reset but nothing happen my wifi is not working help me please
    10-12-2014 12:55 AM
    what should i do to open my wifi?
    10-12-2014 12:58 AM
    Encountered this issue last night. Android 4.4.2 on a Galaxy S5. Updated and wifi is now grayed out and can't be turned on. Tried:

Restarting
    Clearing cache
    Resetting
    Checking through apps
    Etc

& still no go. Any other suggestions?
    10-15-2014 08:18 AM
    any one can help
    my note 3 wifi gray out
    cannot switch on and scan
    i did factory reset - still do not work
    and I root it still and still not work
    please help
    sm 9005 with odin3 1.85 root
    11-04-2014 01:43 PM
    It happened with many of us. Simple and effective solution is to downgrade the upgrade/update to previous one.
    Step 1 > Factory Reset
    Step 2 > Download a firmware from sammobile.com
    Step 3 > Flash it with latest Odin.

Reboot.

Wi-fi must be working!!

Enjoy
    11-28-2014 05:02 AM
    "I have the same problem. Wifi is greyed out, and won't stay on or register any sources. If you hit "Advanaced" options, the "On" switch turns green in the background, but it doesn't change anything, Tried rebooting, removing battery, removing and replacing sim card, etc. Nothing has worked yet. Without wifi, my phone is useless. Hope someone figures something out."

I contacted Verizon and had it out with them. They tried everything I told them that I did and they are sending me a new handset. If that one has a bricked WiFi then I'm just going to ask for a different handset. I am not happy about it. I love the Note 3 but I gotta have WiFi.

Wiped Cache
    Factory Reset
    Safe Mode Boot
    Pulled the SIM card, reinsert
    Pulled SD card (in case it's corrupting)
    Got Pissed
    Drank Beer
    12-07-2014 04:34 PM
    01-07-2015 07:22 AM
    Hi im from NZ and had the same problem....wat I did was go into settings thn into wifi and swipe to turn on....az it was turning on I pulled the battery out straight away. Put battery back in turn on and wifi was working hope this helps
    01-20-2015 12:28 AM
    Hi im from NZ and had the same problem....wat I did was go into settings thn into wifi and swipe to turn on....az it was turning on I pulled the battery out straight away. Put battery back in turn on and wifi was working hope this helps
    I registered just to say thank you and encourage others to try this. On the surface it seems like a coincident, but it somehow works. I had tried everything suggested here to no avail until I tried your suggestion.
    04-07-2015 01:27 PM
    I tried everything mencioned here and nothing worked. I lost all my texts and contacts. I could only backup photos and other media. Wifi still won't turn on, so I can't restore anything. My phone is probably as good as dead
    Can anyone help?
    06-11-2015 06:34 AM
    I did the following after nothing worked:

1. turn off the phone
    2. Boot into Recovery mode
    3. perform a Factory Reset (backup before reset!!)
    4. clear the system cache

So far so good. But it still didn't work until I did the following:

I started the phone and skipped all questions of the wizard, in other words I didn't switch on wifi, no google account, no samsung account, I switched off any internet connection so that the phone couldnt connect to any server or whatever. Then I switched off "Software-Update" in Settings - Device info - Software update.

After that I started WiFi and up to now it works. After connecting via Wifi I started to register with google and downloaded all apps.

Hope that helps!
    06-25-2015 02:45 PM
    I had this problem today i reflashed the firmware and connected to my wifi when asked during setup procedure. If not my wifi would not switch on when i tried use it.
    06-26-2015 12:53 AM
    I think its not necessary to flash a different firmware as many people wrote that the wifi problem was still there.

I tried the following and so far it works:

You need access to the file system of your phone via Total Commander!

If your phone is not rooted follow steps 2. - 5. If it is rooted start the Total Commander App.

1. Download Total Commander App from the App Store to your phone
    2. Download Odin to your PC and install it
    3. Download CF-Auto-root file for your phone, in my case s4-lte-gt-i9505
    4. Make sure that you have the right file for your phone!
    5. Root your phone now using Odin v3.07 or higher and CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505.tar.md5 (in my case this one is for Samsung S4 GT I9505) - how to root you can find on inspiredgeek dot com
    6. Start Total Commander App
    7. open the file "system" (can be that this file is found in the file "root")
    8. open "built.prop" with Total Commander Editor
    9. search for "ro.securestorage.support = true" and change the value to "false"
    10. Safe file
    11. Reboot your phone

Wifi should work again.
    06-27-2015 03:00 AM
    I have the same problem. Wifi is greyed out, and won't stay on or register any sources. If you hit "Advanaced" options, the "On" switch turns green in the background, but it doesn't change anything, Tried rebooting, removing battery, removing and replacing sim card, etc. Nothing has worked yet. Without wifi, my phone is useless. Hope someone figures something out.
    07-13-2015 04:08 PM
    i have found the solution for this ....

i have the same issue with my samsung note 3 neo... about a while the wifi cant turn on... even after resetting it keeps coming up in a while... but i have discover the best solution without resetting my phone...

solution:
    turn off your phone..
    dissamble the battery...
    wait for 3 min...
    put the battery again...
    at this moment, hold the power button together with the up volume button.... your phone now will turn on and go into safe mood ...
    at this moment , the wifi problem should have fixed....
    lasttly, restart your phone as usual , and its all good...

this solution works for me, hope it will work for you too ...
    09-13-2015 04:01 AM
43 12