Kitkat upgrade today - can't turn on wifi anymore!

Dave Arndt

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Go the kitkat upgrade today for my s3 from USC. Now I can't turn on wifi. It's grayed out - and won't turn on. Anyone have any advice? Tried powering off, airplane mode on / off. Just doesn't turn on anymore!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried booting into Recovery mode and clearing the system cache?
What about a Factory Reset?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Ryan Szumiesz

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I tried wiping the cache and it still is messed up , just upgraded about an hour ago and as soon as it started up the wifi couldnt turn on .. I really hope a patch is made for this really soon!

Faithbits

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem. Wifi is greyed out, and won't stay on or register any sources. If you hit "Advanaced" options, the "On" switch turns green in the background, but it doesn't change anything, Tried rebooting, removing battery, removing and replacing sim card, etc. Nothing has worked yet. Without wifi, my phone is useless. Hope someone figures something out.

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I got the update last night and am seeing the exact same thing. The on/off switch for wi-fi is grayed out and can not be turned on.

I'll be calling US Cellular tonight when I get home!

Bigt2000

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I just called customer support and they suggested doing a factory reset. They said they need as many examples as possible so they can take this back to Samsung.

I'll be trying it today, hopefully it works out.

John Jamieson

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I got the same response. You just have to back up whatever you care about, contacts, photos etc. They'll walk you through the backup but you may need a computer and usb connection if your sync to google isn't working.

The guy I talked to said that the factory reset has fixed the problem for everyone he talked to this morning, and that the reset was the only fix they knew of so far.

Good luck everyone!

Faithbits

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I got the same response. You just have to back up whatever you care about, contacts, photos etc. They'll walk you through the backup but you may need a computer and usb connection if your sync to google isn't working.

The guy I talked to said that the factory reset has fixed the problem for everyone he talked to this morning, and that the reset was the only fix they knew of so far.

Good luck everyone!

Have you actually tried the reset yet, and did it work?

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Did you do a factory reset, or did it just not malfunction when you upgraded?

Upgraded on wifi, stayed on the whole time. No malfunction, no issues whatsoever. US Cell did replace my phone about a month ago, as it was "not performing to their standards" (they contacted me to replace phone) - was in a serial number range or something...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1