More pics, and Bing confirmed

Spartan616

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
Just wondering... How easy is/will it be to replace all the bing apps with native google ones? I actually like using bing on my desktop but I don't want it messing with my droid.

P.S. Also I hope that having a 5MP means that it has a better sensor instead of a bigger MP size.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering... How easy is/will it be to replace all the bing apps with native google ones? I actually like using bing on my desktop but I don't want it messing with my droid.

P.S. Also I hope that having a 5MP means that it has a better sensor instead of a bigger MP size.

Not sure but the Fascinate had the same issue. With the use of a custom loader and possibly other methods, people have the Fascinate back to using Google. As far as Google Maps/Navigation, it was simply getting it from the market. The Google Search was a little more involved, but from what I understand it was doable. Check out the Fascinate forum for more information and specifics.

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Bing??? Really? That's almost as worse as having a cell phone company's bloatware pre-installed on a phone. Thank God for hackers, lol.

vaocmo70

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Not exactly sure but this may be a stupid question, what's the big deal about bing? Can't you just set google as the home page within bing? As far as google maps and voice search are concerned can't you just install them from the android market or is there more involved? I have the DINC and wanted to get the merge for my wife.

tack

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Not exactly sure but this may be a stupid question, what's the big deal about bing? Can't you just set google as the home page within bing? As far as google maps and voice search are concerned can't you just install them from the android market or is there more involved? I have the DINC and wanted to get the merge for my wife.

The problem is you cannot replace the default search engine without working at it. Verizon should be ashamed for taking away your choice of search engine.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Just use Dolphin Browser which uses Google by default. I don't like being forced to use one search engine over another, yet Verizon made a business deal the majority of users don't care or don't know the difference (I am talking about non techy users). Its business, it sucks, but HTC also doesn't make it impossible to change either.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac