Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
thumb_450_htc-merge-lexikon-1.jpg

As the kids today say, "boom."

Hands-on with the HTC Merge

marckatz

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
As someone who is contemplating getting an Android phone (coming from a Storm 1) do I need to be concerned that this phone only has 2 GB of internal storage (I think I read that the amount left after the OS and bloat is only a little over 300 MB)

Spartan616

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
What about the concern re: Gingerbread and the amount of internal storage?

Agreed.

I totally would get this device if I didn't know that Android 3.0 is right around the corner. It'd would have been nice if this was the first 4" 3.0 qwerty slider device. I would pay Verizon's ETF for that.

Spartan616

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
who can we call to find out if this will support gingerbread...we must know

There are several blogs that reported what Android 3.0 will require. While they are mostly rumors, it seems like an appropriate measure by Google.

I'm planning on waiting until the holiday season to see what's coming up. Hopefully they'll come out with a LTE 4" QWERTY slider w/ wolrd phone capabilities and a front facing camera before my contract is up (10/2011)

http://www.androidguys.com/2010/06/30/rumor-android-30-gingerbread-minimum-hardware-requirements/

Art13

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Just listen to the latest AC podcast, and they all seem to perfer the HTC Merge ove the Droid Pro. But after reading most of your post i'm concerned about not being able to upgrade to Gingerbread when it comes out. The Mereg seems to be a better phone, but lacks the processor strength to upgrade. Buy on the other hand i dont want to be saddled down with a year old phone model, even if the hardware is new.

bw13

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
If you really read about this chip, you'll discover that this 800mhz is actually faster than many of the current 1ghz chips. This is the same chip and same speed that is in the new G2 and I can't imagine that it won't accept Gingerbread. As for typing on the Droid 2 keyboard, it's dreadful. I love my droid but motorola cannot make keyboards.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
tis true, supposedly gingerbread will require a 1.0 ghz processor.

that is incorrect. google has commented on this and stated that the 1 Ghz requirement was a false rumor. they did not specify what the requirements would be but they made sure that cleared up that rumor real fast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech