Exclusive: HTC Merge hands-on

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
that is incorrect. google has commented on this and stated that the 1 Ghz requirement was a false rumor. they did not specify what the requirements would be but they made sure that cleared up that rumor real fast.

The only requirement I've heard is that YOU have to buy one ;)

shamefulzero

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
so does this have a 4.3" screen or is it 3.8" is it 800mhz or 1ghz? now droid dog is saying IT IS 1 ghz. i wish the official specs would come out! if it was 4.3" this would be perfect for my parents!

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
so does this have a 4.3" screen or is it 3.8" is it 800mhz or 1ghz? now droid dog is saying IT IS 1 ghz. i wish the official specs would come out! if it was 4.3" this would be perfect for my parents!

All I've ever seen is that it has 3.8" screen and is 800MHz. I'm thinking the 1GHz on DroidDog was a typo as the only place I saw it was in reference to the Hands-on Video here at AndroidCentral.

shamefulzero

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
this would have been an awsome phone if it had a 4.3'' display! packed with a kb and sense? would have been a huge winner for new android users. too bad they shrunk it down to 3.7"

shamefulzero

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I would have been happy with 4" like the original rumors said.

me too i was gearing up for this to be a monsterous phone. but once bing was confirmed the monsterous started to shrink! if this really was an evo with a kb it would probably out sell the original droid! but its just a g2 with sense. zzzzzzzzz

maybe it WILL have a 4'' screen and just the review units are 3.7''. we can dream right?

mkurz12

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Glad to hear that the rumor of needing a 1Ghz processor fro Gingerbread was debunked by Google. Most likey a definite probability I'll be getting tghe Merge to get away from BB. I will have to steal my GF's upgrade theough.
My BB Tour died 6 times so they replaced it with a Bold and my upgrade from this October mysteriously moved to November of 2011 and my GF's strangely switched to this month. Oh well at least I have an upgrade to use.
Definitely be checking it out in person first though. Thought the Droid and D2 where going to feel a bit more solid than they tyurned out to. If this feels the same I think I'll be forgoing the keyboard and look towards the DX or Samsung GalaxyS on VZW.
Either way I am ditching BB by the end of next month!!!! Finally!
Not to say I won't miss it a long with the CrackBerry community but I am lookingh forward to a fresh start in the smartphone world. 4 Years on BB (Corp and personal)...definitely feeling a bit stagnent lately.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I had the original Dinc and it was a great phone but bad battery life. Still once the community gets into this phone Bing will be gone, Google will be back, you will see overclocking and life will be good again.

I stopped at Verizon tonight to check out the D2 and the keyboard is terrible, big fingers make it hard to type. The Merge has a nice keyboard layout and sure 4.3 screen is great but not always, personally I would like this to be 4.0 but I will take it at 3.8 or the rumored Dinc HD that is 4.3 w/ front facing camera etc.

shamefulzero

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
yeah a 4.0'' screen would be great! i dont see why verizon is competing with t-mobiles g2. they need to compete with the sprint epic especially if this phone is going to have LTE. if it is 4.0'' then either this or the DINCHD will be my next stop. no more motos for me. im a new vzw customer and the past 3 months have been hard! thanks to my X

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech