Quad-Band or Dual-Band GSM?

Spartan616

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
So the Lexicon/Merge will be a global phone, but no one knows what GSM reception it can get.

Back before the first Blackberry Storm came out, I was looking to get it because, among its other features, it had quad-band GSM meaning I could get it to work with T-Mobile and AT&T in the US along with other carriers in Europe and Asia.

Do you guys think that Android devices will get that as well or just dual-band gsm?

sc32valve

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Having experience with several unlocked VZW world devices, I'm guessing that you'll be able to access regular GPRS data on ATT and T-mobile here in the US, but no 3G data.

Phone calls and txts will work on ATT and T-mobile, but you'll be stuck with painfully slow data.

In Europe, you WILL have 3G data. Again, I have personal experience with phones like the TP2, Ozone, Imagio. The only difference I can see is Android. I have yet to see that implementation. One benefit is that it's made by HTC, so I think they'll follow the same pattern as the phones above.

What it basically comes down to, is that the radio chipset does cover all the bands. It just depends on the antenna that is chosen for that particular model. 3G Data frequencies differ here and in Europe and thus the issue, why install an extra-capable antenna, or 2nd, that just costs more?

Hope that helps.