Its been a REALLY long time since the leak, and the preview review here on AC. I was hoping to buy one as a gift for christmas, but i guess im going to settle for a D2G.
    I mean, sprint is about to release their G2 type slider in the evo shift/knight/speedy and it has WiMax in it too!

Anyone else giving up all hope of this unicorn that is the merge?
    12-11-2010 11:35 PM
    I wouldn't call it dead just yet. I think the initial timing of it was bad, especially with the Galaxy, Droid Pro and D2G. It's entirely possible this will pop back up again after the holidays are over, and some even think we may see this repackaged with an LTE radio -- I'm skeptical of that, though.
    12-12-2010 12:59 AM
    Im sketpical of it to, youd think they would want to hit the holiday buying season with it on the shelves though.

Maybe they have enough phones with physical qwertys and decided to pass?
    12-12-2010 02:43 AM
    ...except that we know they and their partners have tooled, manufactured, and packaged accessories all with the Merge name. I find it hard to believe they are going to write-off that much investment.
    12-12-2010 09:13 AM
    Itll probably be a early 2011 lte phone
    12-12-2010 09:53 AM
    I was under the impression that the Sprint version wasn't coming till January? I wouldn't be surprised if the Merge has a similar ETA. I think this will be like the Android equivalent of the Touch Pro where all carriers get their own version of it within 1-2 months.

No way in hell that phone has been scrapped
    12-12-2010 12:13 PM
    I was under the impression that the Sprint version wasn't coming till January? I wouldn't be surprised if the Merge has a similar ETA. I think this will be like the Android equivalent of the Touch Pro where all carriers get their own version of it within 1-2 months.

No way in hell that phone has been scrapped
    Yeah I definitely don't think this thing has been scrapped. Like I said I think the timing was just awkward with everything else going on in the Droid family and with the Fascinate on Verizon. We'll definitely be seeing this baby again as far as I'm concerned.
    12-12-2010 12:24 PM
    If the sprint version pops out in january, thats with 4G included, before the merge does... Something is wrong.

Besides if they were gonna throw LTE in it, why not release the merge in november or earlier. Then release the merge 2 whenever they have LTE running.
    12-12-2010 03:29 PM
    Well technically Verizon's current LTE rollout is for things like mobile broadband only right now and not for wireless. At least from my understanding anyway.

Sent from my Fascinate via Tapatalk Pro
    12-12-2010 03:37 PM
    Well technically Verizon's current LTE rollout is for things like mobile broadband only right now and not for wireless. At least from my understanding anyway.

Sent from my Fascinate via Tapatalk Pro
    Exactly, but when they do have LTE in phones, ... BOOM. Merge 2
    12-12-2010 04:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD