Has anyone purchased a Verizon Merge yet?

JDangles

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Two days ago I got a Best Buy employee to look it up in the system. He said he sees it in there and they are definitely getting it, but he doesn't know when.

Fireguy615

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
For those who are wondering what it may cost off-contract, Alltell sells it off-contract for $450.00, and $130.00 on-contract. Maybe that will give a ballpark for ya.

tnt118

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
For those who are wondering what it may cost off-contract, Alltell sells it off-contract for $450.00, and $130.00 on-contract. Maybe that will give a ballpark for ya.

Interesting. I called an Alltel store shortly after it released to ask if I could buy it off contract, and they said that wasn't possible. (I have no doubt you're right, just saying what happened for me.)

Blackmitch12

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Checked Best Buy today nothing there on there web site. Also I checked HTC web site the merge is not there also. I wonder whats up with that? Do you guys have any thoughts?

cthunder

May 2, 2011
Visit site
No idea what is up. I tried every store near my house and nothing as well. Every store looked it up on the website and huh? They had no idea if and when it was coming out. :(

jtowndawg

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Checked Best Buy today nothing there on there web site. Also I checked HTC web site the merge is not there also. I wonder whats up with that? Do you guys have any thoughts?

When I registered my Alltel Merge on the HTC site I asked them in an email why it was not on their site and they told me that it is on their sister site

Personal Communications Devices | Our Devices - ADR6325ALAN

That is where they put phones for regional carriers like Alltel and US Cellular. I have been watching myself to see if it gets moved now that Verizon is going to carry it even if it is 3rd party dis.

yogi1574

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
The Merge is now on the HTC.com site saw it there this morning so maybe its gonna be a full go next week or so as someone had suggested earlier of a more likely week of the 21st release.

Reactions: cthunder

rickhamilton620

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I also went to bestbuy today to get something else but walked into the mobile section.

No merge to be seen. iirc vzw proper usually releases phones on Thursday, so maybe that's what they're waiting for.

That said I'm on the sidelines until mid June. The merge will be my birthday present to myself.

Engadget did their "best smartphones list" today. Sadly they, like a lot of other publications, looked over Merge and chose the horrid D2 global as top QWERTY on vzw. Ironically they chose the Merges sister phone, the g2, as top QWERTY on T-Mobile. :(

edgesalon

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

steven252000

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Hoping it comes out soon. My wife wants to get a smartphone and wanted one with a physical qwerty keyboard. I have the Thunderbolt and was hoping the Merge would come out soon and she could get it. If not it will be the Droid 2 Global. I look on various websites every few days and of course have yet to see it anywhere. Maybe Thurs.....;)

Blackmitch12

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Two days ago I got a Best Buy employee to look it up in the system. He said he sees it in there and they are definitely getting it, but he doesn't know when.

Hi J,

If don't you mine me asking, which Best Buy store did you go to? Because this guy seems to be telling you the truth. The others are simple saying, " I haven't heard of it" These store people suck Dude.

JDangles

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi J,

If don't you mine me asking, which Best Buy store did you go to? Because this guy seems to be telling you the truth. The others are simple saying, " I haven't heard of it" These store people suck Dude.

You need to get them to look it up on the "system." I've called the Best Buy in South Hills Village, Bethel Park PA about 5 times now. 2 times I got employees willing to look it up and confirm it is coming, they just didn't have a date, and said they probably wouldn't know until it actually arrived in the store.

I've also called a couple Wireless Zone stores, and finally this week they are starting to acknowledge the HTC Merge. I actually had one guy say he got an email on it last week, so he knows its coming soon (within a month of the email). He also said he saw it in the system, but didn't know when he'd be getting it.

Other third party retailers I've called still don't know anything at all about the device.

Reactions: cthunder

geo108

May 14, 2011
Visit site
boo!

The Verizon dealer employee that told me she'd know more about the Merge this week......called today to say she can't find anything from the wholesaler, no idea when she'll know anything, can I interest you in another phone?..... boo.

(Going to try to remain patient, and not impulsively buy a Thunderbolt....)

Blackmitch12

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
You need to get them to look it up on the "system." I've called the Best Buy in South Hills Village, Bethel Park PA about 5 times now. 2 times I got employees willing to look it up and confirm it is coming, they just didn't have a date, and said they probably wouldn't know until it actually arrived in the store.

I've also called a couple Wireless Zone stores, and finally this week they are starting to acknowledge the HTC Merge. I actually had one guy say he got an email on it last week, so he knows its coming soon (within a month of the email). He also said he saw it in the system, but didn't know when he'd be getting it.

Other third party retailers I've called still don't know anything at all about the device.

Thanks for the info. You are getting alot more info than I am out of the guys. I guest out in Washington State, Seattle area, they are not as willing to help. I never liked Best Buy that much, but dealing with them can be a not so pleasant experience most times. Please keep us posted for sure.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital