Merge or Mesmerize on US Cellular

aeiou

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
So I am currently on sprint with a samsung intercept (piece of junk), but we are switching to US Cellular soon, hopefully, for better coverage. I am having a kinda hard time deciding between the Merge and the Mesmerize. I was looking at the Mesmerize, but hoping that a new one would come out that would last longer. I thought I got my wish with the merge, but now I'm not sure. I think I'm still leaning towards the Mesmerize.

The pro's, as I see it, for each are:

Mesmerize:
Nicer, bigger screen
Faster processor
cheaper (Merge starting out at $250 on contract?)
memory? (storage and Ram)???

Merge:
Keyboard (I'm ok with the on screen, but I still kinda like a real one)
I like HTC hardware and software updates better better
Rather have sense than touchwiz (but I'll probably root and change stuff anyway)
memory?????

Any other thoughts? I want to like the Merge, but I don't feel like I can justify it over the Mesmerize.
what do you think?

haymond#AC

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I have us cellula and i have the mesmerize now but i will be getting the merge as soon as its in stores.I'm on my 5th replacement phone.Mesmerize is a nice phone but i will never buy another samsung phone.The mesmerize looks good.But thats just my experience with the phone and i'm sure others love it.Go into the store and play with both phones.What's wrong with your samsung intercept?

aeiou

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
so i see the merge only has a temp. root now... problems with that? Does it look like there will be a solution to that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol