Netflix for the HTC Merge.

jtowndawg

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I have Netflix streaming videos on my Merge and this is how I did it.

Go to http://www.google.com/gwt/x?source=reader&u=http://www.multiupload.com/XTEWL8CLCZ
And download; com.netflix.mediaclient-1.apk

After down loading open the apk with an app installer, if you don't have one go to the market and download it.

Then it should run the setup and you enter your username and password and start streaming!

Edit: to link to the updated apk with out device check.

Last edited:

jtowndawg

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Is the Netflix app forcing you to "update"?

The original "device check disabled" version works fine on my Merge, so I bypass updating this way:

1. Turn on Airline mode.

2. Start Netflix app.

3. Hit Retry button a couple of times in the Netflix app

4. Without exiting Netflix app, switch back and turn airline mode off.

5. Switch back to Netflix app, hit Retry a couple more times until Netflix launches.

KoohKoohBird

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Is the Netflix app forcing you to "update"?

The original "device check disabled" version works fine on my Merge, so I bypass updating this way:

1. Turn on Airline mode.

2. Start Netflix app.

3. Hit Retry button a couple of times in the Netflix app

4. Without exiting Netflix app, switch back and turn airline mode off.

5. Switch back to Netflix app, hit Retry a couple more times until Netflix launches.

Do you lose privledges if you update?
Could it just be a regular update like they did with their website?
Anyone have one of the 5 htc phones that made the cut for the real netflix app? If so did you have to update too?

Edit: tried to update.... it wouldn't let me...
The trick works but it pushed update then cancel when it wouldn't connect. Then airplane off... bravo works like a charm.... but had to do it every time I switched between movies.... thanks jdawg

Sent from my ADR6325 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

KoohKoohBird

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I have an updated apk that works with out doing any tricks. I will upload and link it when I get home in the morning.

Damn it asked me to update after installing... is there anything special I need to do other than just installing the apk?

jtowndawg

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Damn it asked me to update after installing... is there anything special I need to do other than just installing the apk?

Did you replace the old one when you installed? I would try to delete it and reinstall to see if it helps. Also both apks will still be on your phone so make sure you install Netflix-1.apk and not the old one.

KoohKoohBird

May 5, 2011
Visit site

Did you replace the old one when you installed? I would try to delete it and reinstall to see if it helps. Also both apks will still be on your phone so make sure you install Netflix-1.apk and not the old one.

Cleared data
Uninstalled app
Reinstalled netflix-1.apk

No good still wants me to update...
Not a big deal for me just thought I would give feedback

Maybe ill try rebooting the device and pulling battery in between un/reinstalling???

jtowndawg

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Cleared data
Uninstalled app
Reinstalled netflix-1.apk

No good still wants me to update...
Not a big deal for me just thought I would give feedback

Maybe ill try rebooting the device and pulling battery in between un/reinstalling???

I don't know what the difference would be. All I did was install the new apk over the old one and it worked for me. Is anyone else having this issue?

KoohKoohBird

May 5, 2011
Visit site
So I figured it out..... maybe sad but true....

I clicked update....
Then it let me download the update...
Then it reinstalled the new updated .apk
And it works....
Maybe netflix just works on the merge now?
Although I could not find it in the market....

AlterPostal

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I got it to login and see my q, recently viewed, search and all BUT when I touched to start streaming, it popped a message saying this app version is no longer supported or valid or something of the like, and had me update the app, which I did and now it won't login (closes it self after login screen).
Sigh, SO CLOSE.

Note: By the way all this on WiFi and on my.. Mesmerize!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz