Hello all. Iím new to android with the Merge being my first Android phone. What Iím looking for is a wall charger that I can rely on. Iím skeptical about getting a universal one or an off the wall brand on the internet. I have been searching but still cannot find the OEM charger anywhere. Itís like they donít want you to use the OEM one or something. If it comes with a new phone, shouldnít it be available for purchase somewhere?

Anyway, Iím wondering what you all do for a spare charger. If anyone knows of a place that I can buy an OEM charger please let me know.
    06-23-2011 06:43 AM
    The "oem" wall charger is just a usb cable and adapter

Sent from my ADR6325 using Tapatalk
    06-26-2011 10:49 AM
    I wouldn't waste the extra money for OEM. I have been using ebay chargers (both AC and DC) for years with all different brands of phones with no problems. Especially with your new android, you will benefit from having a few chargers on hand in your vehicles and in a few rooms around the house. Don't break the bank.
    06-26-2011 02:37 PM
    Hello all. Iím new to android with the Merge being my first Android phone. What Iím looking for is a wall charger that I can rely on. Iím skeptical about getting a universal one or an off the wall brand on the internet. I have been searching but still cannot find the OEM charger anywhere. Itís like they donít want you to use the OEM one or something. If it comes with a new phone, shouldnít it be available for purchase somewhere?

Anyway, Iím wondering what you all do for a spare charger. If anyone knows of a place that I can buy an OEM charger please let me know.
    Just bought one on eBay for $6.35, w/free shipping.
    06-26-2011 09:33 PM
    Just bought one on eBay for $6.35, w/free shipping.
    I ordered my Merge Friday and should have it Tuesday. The phone comes with a wall charger. I had to order a mobile charger.

I understand that nearly any USB charger, mobile or house type, should work.
    I am thinking that witht the right cable, I should be able to charge it from a USB 2.0 port on my netbook or desktop PC.
    06-27-2011 10:25 AM
    I ordered my Merge Friday and should have it Tuesday. The phone comes with a wall charger. I had to order a mobile charger.

I understand that nearly any USB charger, mobile or house type, should work.
    I am thinking that witht the right cable, I should be able to charge it from a USB 2.0 port on my netbook or desktop PC.
    Yep. I charge mine from my plugged-in laptop when I'm working. Your USB cable will work just fine. You just have to make sure the mini connector is the right one for your phone.
    06-27-2011 02:48 PM
    Thank you all for the replies. It looks like I'll just plug it into my laptop at work during the day. That seems the best solution.
    06-29-2011 09:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD