I'm rooted using gummyCHARGEd 1.8.5.

Everytime I uninstall lets golf 2 and restart my phone, it reappears?!?
    07-04-2011 07:58 PM
    I'm rooted using gummyCHARGEd 1.8.5.

Everytime I uninstall lets golf 2 and restart my phone, it reappears?!?
    If you have root explorer, go into /preintstall/app. I just removed it from there and I haven't seen it since.
    07-05-2011 09:07 AM
    If you have root explorer, go into /preintstall/app. I just removed it from there and I haven't seen it since.
    +1.

Also, if you back your apps up with Titanium Backup, make sure you delete it from there as well. I've had it reappear because I had the backup for it but went away for good after I deleted that backup.
    07-05-2011 12:43 PM
    man you are awesome been looking for a way to get rid of this
    07-05-2011 03:40 PM
    So on my gummy charged, I have something called "File Manager." I navigate to the preinstall folder and it says it is empty. But when I type in "/app" after it in the address bar, then LGolf2_DEMO_Samsun... will show up. When I long press and select delete, it says "Could no delete file."

Surprisingly it also says the file is 128MB???

I tried to downloading something called ES File Explorer and in that program I can't even find the /app folder.
    07-05-2011 04:53 PM
    So on my gummy charged, I have something called "File Manager." I navigate to the preinstall folder and it says it is empty. But when I type in "/app" after it in the address bar, then LGolf2_DEMO_Samsun... will show up. When I long press and select delete, it says "Could no delete file."

Surprisingly it also says the file is 128MB???

I tried to downloading something called ES File Explorer and in that program I can't even find the /app folder.
    File Manager does not allow you to access root directories - Root Explorer does. I'm not sure about ES File Explorer though.

When I used File Manager, when I open up the /preinstall folder it says it's empty. When I use Root Explorer and open up /preinstall, I see an /app folder and a /video folder.

And I'm assuming since you're unable to delete the file with ES File Explorer, it does not have read/write capabilities.
    noobsickle likes this.
    07-05-2011 05:19 PM
    File Manager does not allow you to access root directories - Root Explorer does. I'm not sure about ES File Explorer though.

When I used File Manager, when I open up the /preinstall folder it says it's empty. When I use Root Explorer and open up /preinstall, I see an /app folder and a /video folder.

And I'm assuming since you're unable to delete the file with ES File Explorer, it does not have read/write capabilities.
    Thanks!!! Just found a free equivalent root explorer called AntTek Explorer in marketplace and had to allow the program superuser access. Was able to easily delete the game from there.
    07-05-2011 07:14 PM
    Thanks!!! Just found a free equivalent root explorer called AntTek Explorer in marketplace and had to allow the program superuser access. Was able to easily delete the game from there.
    Glad you got it figured out!
    07-05-2011 08:14 PM
    You can do it from ES file explorer too. It needs to be the latest version and within settings, go into root options and enable both.

Sent from my SCH-I510
    07-05-2011 11:36 PM
    Thanks so much, Halo. I found this thread while searching for this exact problem. The solution worked.

I'm very disappointed in the Gummy ROM for including this app as a preinstall because I started getting golf spam to email after installing the ROM. Since it came with the ROM I couldn't examine the app permissions before install. The fact that they made sure it will reinstall itself after you try deleting it looks suspect as well.
    11-30-2011 11:23 AM
    Thanks so much, Halo. I found this thread while searching for this exact problem. The solution worked.

I'm very disappointed in the Gummy ROM for including this app as a preinstall because I started getting golf spam to email after installing the ROM. Since it came with the ROM I couldn't examine the app permissions before install. The fact that they made sure it will reinstall itself after you try deleting it looks suspect as well.
    It came built into that ROM? Crazy... you sure it did not come from somewhere else? Try GummyCharge Gingerbread 2.1 as it is really sweet and much updated from your version.
    11-30-2011 02:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD