I will heading on an overseas tour this summer (England, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Italy, Vatican, Switzerland and France). Can't wait for the time off from work and looking forward to snapping a few great shots with my Droid Charge. To keep the Charge charged (zing!), do I need a converter or an adapter for those countries? EU and UK are all 230 V, correct? So I would just need an adapter?

I know for my laptops and regular cameras should be fine as their chargers read 110 ~ 240 V and 50~60Hz. I couldn't find anything with my Droid's charger, battery or in the manual. Additionally the HTC Evo and Samsung Intercept would be in the same boat(friends phones)?

Beyond charging, I plan to keep my phone on Airplane mode and use WiFi whenever I can. International roaming(and text) rates are quite ridiculous on the VZ website. Any suggestions/thoughts for traveling with my phone, or any electronics for that matter, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    07-04-2011 07:14 PM
    Ok I found the fine text on the sammy charger which indicates it should be ok. I was using an aftermarket one.

In terms of usage, I can just keep it on airplane mode and use wifi, right?
    07-05-2011 06:08 AM
    In the countries you're going to, I don't think you could use the Charge (CDMA radio) as a phone even if you wanted to.

I'll be in France later this week. Plan to use the Charge for photos, videos, and checking email from WiFi connections. Maybe also to read eBooks on the plane.
    07-05-2011 07:48 AM
    In the countries you're going to, I don't think you could use the Charge (CDMA radio) as a phone even if you wanted to.

I'll be in France later this week. Plan to use the Charge for photos, videos, and checking email from WiFi connections. Maybe also to read eBooks on the plane.
    Do you have an adapter for charging?
    07-05-2011 08:16 AM
    As long as the power requirements say 110-240 (or something close to that) & 50/60 Hz all you need is an adapter.

You'll need at least 2 adapters (England is different than the rest of Europe).

I don't know if airplane mode on the Charge disables WiFi or not - I know on some phones it turns off all emissions.
    07-05-2011 12:17 PM
    As long as the power requirements say 110-240 (or something close to that) & 50/60 Hz all you need is an adapter.

You'll need at least 2 adapters (England is different than the rest of Europe).

I don't know if airplane mode on the Charge disables WiFi or not - I know on some phones it turns off all emissions.
    Thanks. I saw that The UK was different.

I was able to get on wifi while on airplane mode. Actually this post is via airplane mode and wifi.
    07-05-2011 01:40 PM
    07-05-2011 11:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD