Hi,

Was wondering,I've read that this charge has a qualcomm 1 ghz cpu..what kind of gpu does it have?I've read that it is a gpu part of the cpu..and other sites I read its has its dedicated gpu?

also, is there a reason gameloft games dont run on it??
    I actually managed to download nova via verizon apps under vcast apps..

any idea why?
    07-04-2011 07:53 PM
    Actually, the Charge uses Samsung's homemade Hummingbird SoC which is both the cpu core and gpu on one die. The cpu is ARM Cortex A8 based running at 1ghz from factory, built using a 45nm process. The GPU is a Power VR SGX 540 made by Imagination Technologies, and is the best single core GPU in a phone, almost rivaling the Matrix at qHD resolution in graphics performance. Hope I helped!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    fundragon likes this.
    07-04-2011 09:52 PM
    how dare you confuse the humming bird for a crappy qualcomm chip! J/p, but seriously its a insult to our chip.
    07-05-2011 12:49 AM
    why dont game loft games run on this via gameloft? but I downloaded nova via vcast apps and it runs fine?

is gameloft leaving this phone out?

I just got this and love it. Good battery life..speedy processing..
    Seems this phone will last me a while even when dual cores come out..that the case?
    07-05-2011 08:39 AM
    To answer your question about Gameloft, I think it is just that they have nor updated their site with the Charge. In theory though, any game that supports the Fascinate or Galaxy s should work on the Charge considering it has almost the same exact specs.

07-05-2011 08:48 AM
    since I cant get these off of the gameloft site or the market, where else can I find them?
    07-05-2011 10:39 AM
    I am just saying that theoretically the Fascinate games will work, you could possibly get them from the site. I don't know for sure, though. Some are.available in the market, like Modern Combat 2. Just do some searching and see what you find.

07-05-2011 05:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD