01-10-2012 04:59 PM
67 123
tools
    Sorry, but you're wrong. You need to call Verizon again. Note: This info is not in your My Verizon account online. You have to call!!
    I did call TWICE and they said NO unlimited hot spot and gave me the pricing I posted.
    07-07-2011 11:53 AM
    You need to subscribe to Mobile Hotspot/Mobile Broadband Connect from Verizon Wireless in order to use this service. Requires an unlimited data plan/feature of $29.99 or higher.

*Subscribe for $30.00/month
    *Decline

I've had $29.99 unlimited data for 3 years, and this is the pop up I get when I try to run mobile hotspot.
    07-07-2011 11:59 AM
    I did call TWICE and they said NO unlimited hot spot and gave me the pricing I posted.
    Here's where I called. 1-800-922-0204. Choose Option 4. At the voice prompt, tell them, "Upgrade Service". They connect you with a tech support person. Tell them you want the $30 Unlimited Data Mobile Hotspot plan added to your existing service. They will have to do some digging in their computer. It is part of a special promotion for customers who already had the 29.99 unlimited data plan on their 4G phone prior to July 7th.

If you did NOT already have the 29.99 unlimited data plan on your 4G phone prior to July 7th, you are out of luck. If you are a new customer, you are out of luck. 3G pricing and service is completely different. I am referring to a 4G plan for Verizon customers who already own a 4G phone.
    07-07-2011 12:02 PM
    Here's where I called. 1-800-922-0204. Choose Option 4. At the voice prompt, tell them, "Upgrade Service". They connect you with a tech support person. Tell them you want the $30 Unlimited Data Mobile Hotspot plan added to your existing service. They will have to do some digging in their computer. It is part of a special promotion for customers who already had the 29.99 unlimited data plan on their 4G phone prior to July 7th.

If you did NOT already have the 29.99 unlimited data plan on your 4G phone prior to July 7th, you are out of luck. If you are a new customer, you are out of luck. 3G pricing and service is completely different. I am referring to a 4G plan for Verizon customers who already own a 4G phone.
    I called in the first time to Verizon and all they quoted me for were the new mobile hotspot limited data plan rates.

I then called back and requested the $30.00 unlimited data mobile hotspot feature added to my plan. I told them it was a special promotion for customers on the $29.99 unlimited data plan with 4G. He found the $30.00 unlimited hotspot plan and told me it looked like it had expired on 7/6.

I told them since they had not advertised these new rates until today, how would I have known to add this service by yesterday. He said he would try to add the feature to my plan. It successfully added. I immediately checked my plan online and saw the "4G SMARTPHONE HOTSPOT" listed under additional features for my plan. This was not there before. On 7/6, it was listed as the Promo HotSpot feature and that disappeared on 7/7.

I can't seem to find how much I'm paying for this feature yet, but it looks like it is there. It should be the $30.00 as that is what he said it listed as.
    07-07-2011 12:38 PM
    I called in the first time to Verizon and all they quoted me for were the new mobile hotspot limited data plan rates.

I then called back and requested the $30.00 unlimited data mobile hotspot feature added to my plan. I told them it was a special promotion for customers on the $29.99 unlimited data plan with 4G. He found the $30.00 unlimited hotspot plan and told me it looked like it had expired on 7/6.

I told them since they had not advertised these new rates until today, how would I have known to add this service by yesterday. He said he would try to add the feature to my plan. It successfully added. I immediately checked my plan online and saw the "4G SMARTPHONE HOTSPOT" listed under additional features for my plan. This was not there before. On 7/6, it was listed as the Promo HotSpot feature and that disappeared on 7/7.

I can't seem to find how much I'm paying for this feature yet, but it looks like it is there. It should be the $30.00 as that is what he said it listed as.
    Congrats!!!! I'm glad to see that someone is finally able to do this besides just me. The person I spoke with at Verizon also had to do some digging to find it. She told me that it is a new plan that started today (7/7). However, it is only for those customers that had the $29.99 unlimited 4G data plan as of 7/6. This is a new plan people. Push the Verizon folks when you talk to them. It is in their system. They just need help finding it! ;-)
    07-07-2011 12:47 PM
    I FINALLY GOT IT!! Ask for Hotspot plan code #76153 Holy schitz what a mess Verizon is. Its like you have to beat this deal out of them!
    junksecret likes this.
    07-07-2011 01:17 PM
    Is this feature something I can add/drop on a month-to-month basis?
    07-07-2011 01:22 PM
    I just added it. The rep said.he just received info today.

He said there was no date available for ending the promo.

He said...Man.. I should have upgraded to 4G...this is unbelievable. We dont offer any other unlimited hotdpots!!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    07-07-2011 01:25 PM
    i, like everyone else here, think you are wrong. when i went to hit the hotspot today, i only got a $30 option. i watched a movie connected via the hotspot to my tablet and then cked my verizon on my phone widget, and it now shows 2 unlimed data plans. one for the phone and one for the hotspot, which only shows the data from the movie i am watching...

Nope sorry not unlimited here are the three plans for 4G service.

4GB cap $50 this $50 includes your mobile phones unlimited data plan so it would be $29.99 + $20.00 for the hotspot

7GB cap $70 total combined $29.99 + $40 for hotspot

12GB cap $100 total combined $29.99 + $70 for hotspot

There you have it nobody is getting unlimited hot spot no matter what you were told.
    07-07-2011 02:04 PM
    I FINALLY GOT IT!! Ask for Hotspot plan code #76153 Holy schitz what a mess Verizon is. Its like you have to beat this deal out of them!
    Congrats AndroidXTC!!! I'm glad you finnally got signed up. It's about time Verizon gave us something that is good AND cheap!
    07-07-2011 02:30 PM
    Thanks for the code! I called and the rep wanted to put me on hold and see what plans were "available" to me. I cut her off and said "I have the plan code", gave her the code and she said "Oh yes, that will be $30.00 for unlimited hotspot, would you like to add it?".

I said yes and when I hung up, voila, my hotspot is back on.

Joe
    07-07-2011 02:50 PM
    Is this feature something I can add/drop on a month-to-month basis?
    That's a great question, I was wondering the same thing. I would think as an add on feature, you should be able to add/drop whenever you want. I'll ask my friend who works for Verizon and see what he says.
    07-07-2011 04:24 PM
    was able to get hooked up with unlimited hotspot without the code, just went to the local VOW store, and emphasized that i did not want to lose my unlimited data. The code certainly would have helped speed it up though.
    07-07-2011 05:31 PM
    does anybody know where on my verizon's web site you can see the details of the hotspot? i know i clicked the button on my driod that said $30, but i can't find it anywhere online on my account. surely it's there somewhere with how much data is included.
    07-07-2011 06:37 PM
    I dong think its on the website.
    When I look at my plan it comes up but was not listed as an option.

As I said in my previous post, the verizon rep was practically reading the info to me.
    Its only for 4G customers that previously had the free 4G hotspot.
    Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    07-07-2011 06:48 PM
    Thanks for the code! I called and the rep wanted to put me on hold and see what plans were "available" to me. I cut her off and said "I have the plan code", gave her the code and she said "Oh yes, that will be $30.00 for unlimited hotspot, would you like to add it?".

I said yes and when I hung up, voila, my hotspot is back on.

Joe
    Glad to be able to pass on the love!
    07-07-2011 08:13 PM
    Glad to be able to pass on the love!
    According to Droid Life a 3G customer with unlimited data locked in can get the unlimited 4G hotspot when they upgrade. Cool!
    07-07-2011 10:18 PM
    You don't need the code as long as you are currently on the unlimited plan.

Here's what you do:

1) Open the Mobile Hotspot app
    2) Turn it on

At this point it will check your subscription. It will then pop up saying you need to subscribe to mobile hotspot, and that it requires an unlimited data plan of $29.99 or higher. The only option you have is to add it for $30 a month.
    07-07-2011 10:54 PM
    You don't need the code as long as you are currently on the unlimited plan.

Here's what you do:

1) Open the Mobile Hotspot app
    2) Turn it on

At this point it will check your subscription. It will then pop up saying you need to subscribe to mobile hotspot, and that it requires an unlimited data plan of $29.99 or higher. The only option you have is to add it for $30 a month.
    I tried this and it did not work. After some time of the phone trying to connect I got a pop up with Verizon phone numbers to call.
    07-08-2011 07:36 AM
    i had to really push hard. They said that offer expired on the 6th. I told them no one had offered it and they should really let me have it, so after a long time on hold, they let me get it.
    07-08-2011 10:31 AM

I am a rep for an independent retailer and i can confirm that the feature code "76153 - 4G SMARTPHONE HOTSPOT $30" appears in my system when i do a search for 4g. all you should have to do is ask for it and have it added, no digging required.

also, if anyone wants their hotspot added, pm me, i make a few bucks on commission and wont give you any flak for it.
    07-08-2011 10:45 AM
    but does it say its unlimited data? i chatted online with a rep and they said it was $30 for 2GB.

I am a rep for an independent retailer and i can confirm that the feature code "76153 - 4G SMARTPHONE HOTSPOT $30" appears in my system when i do a search for 4g. all you should have to do is ask for it and have it added, no digging required.

also, if anyone wants their hotspot added, pm me, i make a few bucks on commission and wont give you any flak for it.
    07-08-2011 12:44 PM
    but does it say its unlimited data? i chatted online with a rep and they said it was $30 for 2GB.
    2gig is not available with 4G service only 3G. The smallest pkg they offer is a 4gig on 4G and thats $20
    07-08-2011 01:16 PM
    so $30 IS unlimited, right?

2gig is not available with 4G service only 3G. The smallest pkg they offer is a 4gig on 4G and thats $20
    07-08-2011 01:19 PM
    so $30 IS unlimited, right?
    It better be!
    07-08-2011 02:13 PM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD