On my D1, when I went into Recovery there was an option to do a "nandroid" backup. When I go into Recovery on my Charge, I don't see that option. So, how do I do a backup?

Thx,
    T

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    07-05-2011 09:02 PM
    On my D1, when I went into Recovery there was an option to do a "nandroid" backup. When I go into Recovery on my Charge, I don't see that option. So, how do I do a backup?

Thx,
    T

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    Are you rooted and have clockwork mod recovery on your charge or are you stock using the stock recovery? The stock recovery has no way of doing a nandroid backup if that's the case. If you root your phone and install a cwm recovery and a custom kernel to make cwm stick then you will have the ability to do a nandroid backup. Otherwise I am unsure of another way of doing so, I'm a little out of the loop on the subject been overly busy.
    07-05-2011 10:18 PM
    Yes, I'm rooted. I rooted this morning and it went great, but when I go into recovery, the "backup and restore" option is not listed. I'm a bit confused...I had my D1 rooted and am familiar with this stuff. Any suggestions?

T-Rob
    Droid Charge
    07-05-2011 10:52 PM
    Yes, I'm rooted. I rooted this morning and it went great, but when I go into recovery, the "backup and restore" option is not listed. I'm a bit confused...I had my D1 rooted and am familiar with this stuff. Any suggestions?

T-Rob
    Droid Charge
    You need to flash clockword mod recovery and a custom kernel... best bet is to flash a custom rom which would include all in one (root, cwm and a kernel). That will be the only way you will get the option to do so. Go to the rooting, roms and hacks section of the droid charge forums, you can find everything you need in there.
    07-05-2011 11:00 PM
    The most recent version of CWM doesn't have a backup/restore option because it was buggy and was bricking phones. Most people are using Titanium Backup as an alternative.

CWM: A thread of its own - xda-developers
    07-05-2011 11:50 PM
    The most recent version of CWM doesn't have a backup/restore option because it was buggy and was bricking phones. Most people are using Titanium Backup as an alternative.

CWM: A thread of its own - xda-developers
    Got it, Winnersmw...thank you! I thought I had done everything correctly.

Thanks again!!
    T
    07-06-2011 08:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD