DUMB question about GTalk

nikbus

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
everyone... i apologize for this question.... :-\

i have been following this website for months, as well as this forum since i decided to get the Charge... between my own upgrade date (today) and the tiered plan on Verizon, i finally got the Charge today...

let me say that i LOVE it.. i am a newbie to Android, but i have been such a stalker, i know more than my hubs that has had an original Droid since it came out.... but for no reason at all, that i can figure out, i cannot find a google talk app...? we have always messaged each other between my computer's gmail and his Droid to save on data (esp when he leaves the U.S.).. but now that i have an android phone as well, i cannot find how to google talk between our phones... meaning i cannot find an actual google talk app for us to communicate between our phones....

i know this is above everyone's skill level! but i searched here and online without much success...
any contributions will be greatly appreciated! (and thanks in advance!)

-n

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
everyone... i apologize for this question.... :-\

i have been following this website for months, as well as this forum since i decided to get the Charge... between my own upgrade date (today) and the tiered plan on Verizon, i finally got the Charge today...

let me say that i LOVE it.. i am a newbie to Android, but i have been such a stalker, i know more than my hubs that has had an original Droid since it came out.... but for no reason at all, that i can figure out, i cannot find a google talk app...? we have always messaged each other between my computer's gmail and his Droid to save on data (esp when he leaves the U.S.).. but now that i have an android phone as well, i cannot find how to google talk between our phones... meaning i cannot find an actual google talk app for us to communicate between our phones....

i know this is above everyone's skill level! but i searched here and online without much success...
any contributions will be greatly appreciated! (and thanks in advance!)

-n

It's preloaded on the phone go to the 3rd page in the app drawer, it's the app labeled "talk".

Reactions: nikbus

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
well.... i knew it was a dumb a** question... you are totally right and i thought i checked everything...
that's why is asked it here.... thank you so much! haha
:-$
-n

Hey no problem, there's no such thing as a dumb question :) It would make more sense for it to be labeled "gtalk" anyway. Glad I was able to steer you in the right direction, enjoy the new phone it's absolutely amazing!

nikbus

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
are you kidding? i love it! i did my homework one hundred times over... i got it today and wasn't able to play with it because of work then beer drinking... oops!
but tomorrow i plan to bother you people to death ;)
(when i start personalizing and can't figure things out...)

and thank you so much again for the simple answer... i feel dumb, but am very appreciative :)

isearchable

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
To build on the GTalk question, can you do group conversations on the Droid. I can do this with the Gtalk gadget on the PC but haven't found the same for the Droid.

BrianTX

Jul 23, 2010
plus.google.com
To build on the GTalk question, can you do group conversations on the Droid. I can do this with the Gtalk gadget on the PC but haven't found the same for the Droid.

You can add people to a chat, I've only had a chat with two other people. Not sure if there's a limit or not. Now that I'm using g+, I use the huddle feature. Had around 30 people in a huddle last night.