When it's at 100% charge when I go to bed, it gets to about 80% when I wake up. This is weird because the first days I did this, it would be at 95% charge when I woke up about 8 hours later. I even have GPS, 4G, Wifi, and mobile data turned off. In the battery usage, it has a bunch of things that weren't even in use, such as certain apps, and display (which was off ovbiously). I have an app terminator, but after I force close all the apps that I never even opened in the first place, 5 seconds later they are automatically restarted. Wtf? What's going on here? Do I have to root the phone to solve these problems?
    07-07-2011 11:11 PM
    Are you sure your task killer is killing running apps, or running services? Certain services have to.be running for certain apps to operate properly, regardless of if they're active or not. Definitely with polling apps (that pull content from servers, like email apps or voicemail apps). Otherwise, your battery definitely shouldn't be dying so quickly :/ Try enabling airplane mode and seeing if that lengthens the battery. I enabled airplane mode and was able to play music via the media player for 6 hours with the battery only dropping like 25-30%.
    07-07-2011 11:50 PM
    This sounds like data syncing. Thats what kills the most I think. Do as the above poster said and try turning on airplane mode.

I kind of have the same thing where I intentionally try to drain the battery and it seems to go down as fast as ne doing nothing at all. Odd.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    07-07-2011 11:58 PM
    Try enabling airplane mode and seeing if that lengthens the battery. I enabled airplane mode and was able to play music via the media player for 6 hours with the battery only dropping like 25-30%.
    I'll try it but I wonder why the battery lasted a lot longer when I first got the phone, it seems like the battery goes down 5 times faster now.
    07-07-2011 11:58 PM
    This sounds like data syncing. Thats what kills the most I think. Do as the above poster said and try turning on airplane mode.

I kind of have the same thing where I intentionally try to drain the battery and it seems to go down as fast as ne doing nothing at all. Odd.

Well I have mobile data turned off, so it shouldn't even be able to sync anything. I don't want to not be able to receive texts and calls though, so airplane mode doesn't seem that convenient.
    07-08-2011 12:42 AM
    If you force close everything, some of them are going to restart and use battery. If I turn data off and go to bed, the phone will use 1 or 2% an hour overnight. Try not using the app killer and not force closing everything and see what happens.
    07-08-2011 11:14 PM
    I guess I fixed it because now it stays at 100% charge all night, and after about 12 hours it only goes down to 99%. The only thing I changed was turning off background data in the settings.
    07-09-2011 04:47 PM
    I guess I fixed it because now it stays at 100% charge all night, and after about 12 hours it only goes down to 99%. The only thing I changed was turning off background data in the settings.
    turning off background data turns off all ability to sync i believe
    07-09-2011 05:32 PM
    I left the Samsung Droid Charge off overnight after charging to 100% and when I turned it on this morning it started at 73%.

This battery drain is significant. I thought keeping it off at night and when not using it would not do anywhere near that.

While using the phone, running Advanced Task Killer every time I start my phone and moving apps to SD card have not helped. (Why DO those apps keep coming back on the task killer list after i quit them and haven't opened them?)

I like this phone, and I have about 9 more days to decide whether to get this or another 4gLTE phone that isn't as beautiful. NOTABLY IN 3G mode that is absolutely necessary to run and get any day's battery life out of my Charge, I am getting .68MBps/.42MBps days to 1.2MBMps/.47Mbps max (late late nights)............In the middle of Manhattan right off Times Square! 4G is 16.0 - 21.0 MBps+

**Any inputs on the demented battery drain and slow 3G??
    ( versus even a crappier phone like Thunderbolt or a risky LG purchase -- the LG Revolution doesn't even have a forum at Verizon Forums VZW)
    07-10-2011 03:29 PM
    I'm having really terrible battery issues. Im only getting about 4 hours per charge its plugged in most of the day.

I also had issues with it freexing twice in the last two days. I may take it back to costco to swap out for a new one.

I bought it July 3rd.

07-10-2011 10:18 PM
    Sounds lime something is draining your battery faster than it can charge. I was watching streaming HBO tonight while plugged in and lost 4% in an hour. Im not using the charger it came with though, could be part of it.

I'd do a full factory restore and check it tonight, if it continues there is definately an hardware problem.
    07-11-2011 01:43 AM
    When I first got my Charge (first android), I did a lot of things that I would never recommend at this point. The two biggest are Task Killers and Anti Virus. They are both entirely unnecessary. If you hold down your home button, you can access your task manager and kill apps from that list. Those are the only apps that are truly running. The apps a task killer sees are apps running idle which are not affecting the performance or battery life of the phone. If you do some research on the way the android OS is designed, it is not only beneficial but necessary that the OS utilizes idle RAM. It does some calculations and determines the best apps to have running idle so if you use them, they will be accessible faster. Killing these apps with a task killer just results in them opening again almost immediately, which just drains your battery. The reason you are seeing significant battery drainage is more than likely due to the app that you're intending to save battery life. Try getting rid of it and see how it improves.

Also I'd like to note that airplane mode is also unnecessary. Since we have the ability to turn off our data so easily, that is sufficient. Going into airplane mode will disable calls/texts as well.

Give yourself some time to learn the device and ask questions (forums are excellent) and you will have no regrets!
    07-11-2011 10:33 AM
    Apparently people knew about this issue long before it hit the smart phone market. Google Latitude: Will it Kill your Phones Battery? — Mobile Technology News

So turn off Google Location Services or at least make sure Latitude is not running. If you dont want to do that, at minimum, remove any widgets that use location services like weather or Rate this place.

Nexus S Battery Drain: Google Maps - Google Mobile Help

Google services drains battery at 38% on Nexus One? - Google Mobile Help

Ive had my Droid Charge for about 2 months now and personally, I was averaging 11-12 hours of basic use which I thought was good. Yesterday I turned off my Google Location Services for the first time. Took the unit off the charger at 6:30pm yesterday and Im now looking at 21% of battery left after 22hrs. Additionally, I never have VZW location on and only use GPS occasionally in the car. I also turned off Background Data in Sync but may switch those back on after this test to see what affect it really has. Running it dry tonight to see how far it will go

I use My Profiles Lite to have one touch controls for Home, Car, Work & Night modes. Works great. If you try other apps that do this automatically, catch22, they require location services to sense where you are.
    07-13-2011 04:14 PM
    This is a photo from today. Light usage. Some music. Texting. Forums. Short calls. Not hardly any web. All options turned on and not in a 4g area.

Attachment 11939

07-18-2011 01:14 AM
    I never understood the obsession with killing apps. I think it's a bad habit that we carried over from our days using windows. The android os is much more efficient at managing running programs and services.

The task/app killers are more likely to drain battery and system resources from the few weeks that I've used them.

07-18-2011 01:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD