Lag, lag, lag.

dajobo

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Going from my incredible, it just seems this phone is so slow. It anoys me when it has to refresh the home screen every time I press home. I am currently using zeam launcher, is there another launcher that is more lightweight?

I've read about people buying faster SD cards. Does that help the overall performance?

I'm familiar with rooting, my og Droid and Inc were both rooted. I've been considering rooting the charge to help performance, but I don't want to be left out when gingerbread comes out...

I guess I'm just looking for a quick way to speed up performance that I may not be aware of...

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

vols fan

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Charge the other day, and I upgraded from a Curve 8330, but to me the phone i lightning quick. Im not sure about the faster SD card helping with speed but I do have a 32gb card instead of the standard 16gb.

dhp106

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a class 4 card in my phone. Its not super fast and I plan to upgrade to a class 10 to see if it changes. I use launcher pro and it loads fast. I also use beautiful Widgets and they take a little longer after a reboot. Overall this phone is great for a single core. I have undervolted only as overclocking caused too much battery loss. Your phone shouldn't be slow. I would reccomend root with gummycharged and imnuts standard kernel. Gingerbread isn't worth getting until its rootable IMO.

Sent from my Droid Charge.

ts47

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Going from my incredible, it just seems this phone is so slow. It anoys me when it has to refresh the home screen every time I press home. I am currently using zeam launcher, is there another launcher that is more lightweight?

I've read about people buying faster SD cards. Does that help the overall performance?

I'm familiar with rooting, my og Droid and Inc were both rooted. I've been considering rooting the charge to help performance, but I don't want to be left out when gingerbread comes out...

I guess I'm just looking for a quick way to speed up performance that I may not be aware of...

I read a thread on a different site that addressed a replacement launcher. The concensus there was Go Launcher EX was as good as it gets. I run Go Launcher on my Charge and Love it!

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I am using a stock droid charge on stock launcher and I never have home screen lag. I did have very long lag on my og droid!

bl4ke360

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
The only thing that causes noticeable lag for me is having a live wallpaper. I would use either launcher pro or go launcher ex because I think those are the 2 fastest ones.

dajobo

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I am using a stock droid charge on stock launcher and I never have home screen lag. I did have very long lag on my og droid!

What speed class is your SD card?

Thinking of rooting today. Reading up on it.

dajobo

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Wow. I rooted, voodoo lag fix + debloated rom = fast! This thing is fast now!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Not comfortable with rooting yet because I'm new to all this and I can't afford a new phone if I were to 'brick' this one. So as for UI, Go Launcher EX is the way to go and the lag I use to experience on the browser disappeared with the last update. All seems well now. :)

addictedtocars

May 18, 2011
Visit site

Hmm, phone is not lightning fast, but I don't find it slow. Maybe necasue I rooted and foroze much of the VZ bloat, but the phone seems decently quick for me.

fmpedraza

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site

Dajobo!

Hey bud, I'm brand new to the Charge - coming off an Evo with Sprint. So, like you, I am experiencing major lag on this thing...I had rooted my Evo previously and ROM'd it, so I've got a little bit of experience...but I am clueless on Samsung phones. Where did you find the proper lag fix for this device and how did you do it? I've read a little and keep reading to turn it off before you ROM it and so on. It's making my head hurt...hahahaha. Also, which ROM did you choose? Would you recommend it? Thanks in advance.

FMP

jkeene81

Feb 1, 2010
plus.google.com

So now that you are rooted, Congrats its way more fun on the dark side!, this is a great app to keep your Charge from slowing down, its a cleaner that cleans out your caches without you having to boot into recovery to do it. Keeps my Charge speeding right along! https://market.android.com/details?id=org.lsartory.cachecleaner.ng&feature=search_result

jkeene81

Feb 1, 2010
plus.google.com
Dajobo!

Hey bud, I'm brand new to the Charge - coming off an Evo with Sprint. So, like you, I am experiencing major lag on this thing...I had rooted my Evo previously and ROM'd it, so I've got a little bit of experience...but I am clueless on Samsung phones. Where did you find the proper lag fix for this device and how did you do it? I've read a little and keep reading to turn it off before you ROM it and so on. It's making my head hurt...hahahaha. Also, which ROM did you choose? Would you recommend it? Thanks in advance.

FMP

There are some really cool ROMs to pick from for this phone, Gummy gives you the gingerbread look and is very smooth and fast. Altered Beast is fast too but takes a more stylistic approach and is my ROM of choice. Now the Humble ROM is out and Im hearing good things about that too, best thing to do is read the stickys by the developers, hell try one and then the other!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy