I have some Mp3 files on my computer I want to add to my Charge. I put them in a folder in my media folder named ringtones. I tried to open them and Sound Player and TuneWiki and when opened in either app it would not make any sound. I am trying to set them as Notification and Ringtones. Any help would be appreciated
    07-09-2011 02:44 PM
    I have some Mp3 files on my computer I want to add to my Charge. I put them in a folder in my media folder named ringtones. I tried to open them and Sound Player and TuneWiki and when opened in either app it would not make any sound. I am trying to set them as Notification and Ringtones. Any help would be appreciated
    One how-to I read said to use lower-case "ringtones" and "notifications" -- not sure if it actually makes a difference. Why are you trying to open them instead of just playing/setting them from the settings menu?
    07-11-2011 08:38 AM
    I just dropped a rather large number of my mp3's into my media folder as well. I use a free app called Ringdroid to make ringtones. It has worked very, very well for me.
    07-11-2011 08:47 AM
    I just realized I didn't put the ringtones/notifications folders inside the media folder like you. Again, not sure if that makes a difference.
    07-11-2011 09:27 AM
    I did have a few ringtones set as contacts. One of them called and I never heard the ringtone so I went to check out the problem and nothing played with sound.
    07-11-2011 11:27 AM
    i have had the same disappearing ring tone issue... ive noticed that restarting the phone fixes the issue... but what makes it do that... well some thoughts ive ran across in my interweb travels say its the container that is used for the mp3. so i used the media -> convert/save option in vlc to redo my mp3s.

something else that i have also read is that the external storage card may be unmounting / not properly mounted / staying mounted. So try to unmount then mount your card and see if that has worked.

I have not had the issue with the mp3s not playing since i used vlc to change the container. So i can not say one way or the other if the unmount / mount option works....

Great phone.... but its got "personality"

tusken
    07-12-2011 01:15 AM
    I connected the Droid Charge via the microUSB to USB cable to my homebuilt Win 7 powered computer. Using Windows Explorer I created a Music subfolder on the SD Rom's root folder. Copy/Pasted a bunch of .mp3 songs there. I have no problem selecting any of these songs as a ringtone. Plus, the Music Player automatically finds and plays these .mp3's. I also use A/V Replay program to record live radio shows, convert to mp3 and they too work fine. They are in a Radio subfolder I created.

Movies ripped to .mp4 are placed in another subfolder I created with Windows Explorer named Movies. Video player automatically finds and plays them just fine. All three folders mentioned were placed in the root folder of the SD Rom.
    07-12-2011 12:07 PM
    I use DoubleTwist (free), does the job......

Jim
    10-03-2011 10:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD