*228 Doesn't work

heavyhitter82

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I just got the Charge and its pretty cool but I want to be able to switch back and forth with my Fascinate. When I *228 I can reactivate my Fascinate but when I want to go back to the Charge I have to call Verizon to do this. Has anybody figured out how to avoid calling Verizon to do this?

expidia

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I used to use *228 to update my cell towers when I used Blackberry. After I bought my Charge I was told by the Verizon support desk not to use *228 with the Charge.

So I would call VZ for their input before trying it. Just my opinion!

There was option 1 and option 2 when I dialed in with my BB. I know option 2 was to update the towers. I'm not sure if entering option 1 is still used to activate.

dmckean44

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
You can just go to the verizon wireless website and change devices there. It will ask you to input the number printed on the LTE SIM card.

winnersmw

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
You're right, that's what they said. 4G does use *228!

4G *doesn't* use *228. LTE devices' SIM cards automatically update their PRL (you can force an update by restarting the device). I've heard that *228 will damage LTE devices, but I can't see how. You can switch between two LTE devices by interchanging their SIM cards (it's spookily easy). However, the SIM in your Charge is associated with a specific ESN (mobile number) in Verizon's system, which is why you have to call them whenever you want to reassociate the SIM with a new ESN. I know, because when Costco sent me my charge, they associated the SIM with the wrong ESN and I had to have them send me a new one. -.-

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
4G *doesn't* use *228. LTE devices' SIM cards automatically update their PRL (you can force an update by restarting the device). I've heard that *228 will damage LTE devices, but I can't see how. You can switch between two LTE devices by interchanging their SIM cards (it's spookily easy). However, the SIM in your Charge is associated with a specific ESN (mobile number) in Verizon's system, which is why you have to call them whenever you want to reassociate the SIM with a new ESN. I know, because when Costco sent me my charge, they associated the SIM with the wrong ESN and I had to have them send me a new one. -.-

Best part is that Verizon's system doesn't automatically cancel a sim card if you switch to a non-sim device. They hold it for a set number of days (30 or 60, I can't remember), so that you can switch without a problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad