Noob here,

I keep getting the orange text box with the message: Sorry, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly, please try again. Usually this box disappears in 1-3 seconds.

I am running a stock Samsung Charge with Go Launcher, Nexus revamped live wallpaper, Gtasks and Business Calendar widgets. The message is easiest to reproduce when i go into settings and manually sync my google calendar, but it seems to occur at other random times too, even though sync is turned off.

What does it mean, how can i troubleshoot this?

Thanks
    07-16-2011 11:59 AM
    Most likely its something with the Go Launcher. I recommend either uninstalling that launcher or doing a factory data reset on the phone.
    07-16-2011 12:19 PM
    It could just be a localized problem with your phone only. Since you're running stock, try doing a factory data reset.
    07-16-2011 12:30 PM
    Most likely its something with the Go Launcher. I recommend either uninstalling that launcher or doing a factory data reset on the phone.
    I agree
    07-16-2011 01:14 PM
    I found another thread with someone having the same problem on a Galaxy Tab, and it stopped force closing after clearing the data from the Calendar Storage by going into Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/All: Calendar Storage and clicking on Clear Data, and then restoring the calendar data by syncing.

Unfortunately, i lost about 10 appointments that i had entered in my phone, but now that the sync is not force closing i can re-enter them on my Charge and they show up in my online Google calendar again.
    07-18-2011 11:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD