For it being pushed by Verizon as a "premium" phone, and one of a few 4g phones, there is extremely small support for this phone. Everytime there is a press release of a great new feature the Charge is never mentioned to be a supported device or in the list of possibly future support. Just to name a few honeycomb, Netflix, Hulu, Skype video. I would think that a fairly new premium device would be supported more than many of the older non-4g phones (looking at you droidX). And as the community is concerned there is also very little support in terms of roms and themes. I for one think this is an excellent phone besides the battery life just frustrating to see older devices get great new features that could be implemented on this phone as well. Did I make a mistake on upgrading or maybe it was a downgrade coming from the droidX? Why is there no support?
    07-16-2011 01:21 PM
    I here ya, I think it's a great phone too. Hopefully people will recognize that soon.
    07-16-2011 01:28 PM
    Honestly, I think Verizon is having a boat load of problems with all the LTE phones working properly on the network and right now its being considered a science experiment. I hear this is why there is still no Bionic its on indefinite hold because of to many issues with it right now.
    07-16-2011 02:07 PM
    Honestly, I think Verizon is having a boat load of problems with all the LTE phones working properly on the network and right now its being considered a science experiment. I hear this is why there is still no Bionic its on indefinite hold because of to many issues with it right now.
    I'm new to the smartphone or Android but my Charge has been working great for me in 4g or 3g up north I have put on launcher pro and power control and some power settings and I can get 36hours batt life with lite use
    07-16-2011 03:07 PM
    I'm new to the smartphone or Android but my Charge has been working great for me in 4g or 3g up north I have put on launcher pro and power control and some power settings and I can get 36hours batt life with lite use
    36 hours? Do tell.
    07-16-2011 03:45 PM
    36 hours? Do tell.

+1

10 char
    07-16-2011 05:31 PM
    36 hours? Do tell.
    He meant 3.6 hours.
    NHLou likes this.
    07-16-2011 07:10 PM
    Some of the older phones with large user bases will get specialized apps like Netflix and Hulu first, ie Droid x and Original Droid.

From the app makers standpoint, they want to get as many users on board as quickly as possible. Therefore they target the more common devices. The charge will likely get recognition eventually by app developers, but must Garner a larger user base first.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    07-16-2011 07:43 PM
    nah, that would be my ex-love the Fascinate...it was the red headed stepchild they put in a closet
    07-16-2011 11:06 PM
    He meant 3.6 hours.
    No I only let it update weather every hour and GPS is off when not in use and E-mail auto push and most anything else updates when I use it I'm in 4g all the time it will pop in to 3g in a couple of the buildings lite phone use mostly e-mail and the 36 hours is not all the time but I have done it. I have no trouble making it a day 6:30am to 10:30, 11:00pm. If I use nav. thing chang but it work for me.
    07-17-2011 02:23 AM
    While the Charge is not mentioned, it does currently have Netflix and Skype working with the latest GB leak (2.3.4). The Charge is an amazing device, while the specs are a little dated everything else with the phone is top notch, and if the original developers dont wanna give support, we have our great developers over at XDA forums & Rootzwiki which will work on fixes and other features for us.
    07-17-2011 04:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD