Media File Problems (ringtones and media player)

jcochran1977

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
This is my Second Droid Charge and I am having the same problem on it as I did with my first one. If I set my ringtone to a MP3 file, whether made on the device or downloaded from an app or copied from my computer. It will work for about a few hours then stop working completely. It's like the phone loses connectivity to the SD Card. I have mentioned this to Verizon a few times and it didn't get any attention. I love the device but I also like being able to use it as an MP3 player and this same thing happens when I try to play MP3 files that were added to the phone. It says that this file type is not supported. If I restart the phone and let the media scanner run then try to play the file it will work for a little while then do the same thing again.

It's like there is something in the device software that is losing connection to the SD CARD.It's the card that came with the device I haven't changed it or moved it even. It is also a different card than I had in my first Droid Charge.

Can you offer any advice at all? I know i am not the only one seeing this since it's happened on two devices with totally different media files. I tried to get a screenshot of the error but it disappears to fast.

dhp106

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
This is my Second Droid Charge and I am having the same problem on it as I did with my first one. If I set my ringtone to a MP3 file, whether made on the device or downloaded from an app or copied from my computer. It will work for about a few hours then stop working completely. It's like the phone loses connectivity to the SD Card. I have mentioned this to Verizon a few times and it didn't get any attention. I love the device but I also like being able to use it as an MP3 player and this same thing happens when I try to play MP3 files that were added to the phone. It says that this file type is not supported. If I restart the phone and let the media scanner run then try to play the file it will work for a little while then do the same thing again.

It's like there is something in the device software that is losing connection to the SD CARD.It's the card that came with the device I haven't changed it or moved it even. It is also a different card than I had in my first Droid Charge.

Can you offer any advice at all? I know i am not the only one seeing this since it's happened on two devices with totally different media files. I tried to get a screenshot of the error but it disappears to fast.
What app or program are you setting your ringtone through?

Where is the ringtone located on the SD card?

jcochran1977

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
I have tried setting the ringtone directly under sounds as well as setting it from the file itself and also tried using RingDroid to make and set. They are saved to a folder called ringtones on the SD Card same way I have done it with all other Android phones I have had.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza