If im using handcent sms app instead of the stock sms app, how do i get the message counter to stop showing at the bottom. Also how do i get the keyboard to not make a tapping noise everytime i type?
    07-19-2011 11:08 AM
    Go to Apps/Settings/Languages & Keyboard to get to the customization page for your keyboard.

For Handcent, open it, press the hard Menu key, then Notification settings to get to the page to customize it. Same for the stock SMS app.
    07-19-2011 11:50 PM
    If im using handcent sms app instead of the stock sms app, how do i get the message counter to stop showing at the bottom. Also how do i get the keyboard to not make a tapping noise everytime i type?

I had a similar question which was answered below as I did not want to see the resident SMS app at the bottom at all. You can move it back to applications (it's not gone if you want that button back).

I swapped out that resident SMS bottom button (icon 2nd row up from bottom) for the Handcent button.

07-11-2011, 05:54 PM

Member winnersmw
    Device(s): Samsung Droid Charge
    ROM/Kernel: Stock ROM, PBJT w/ Voodoo Location: New York
    Activity:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jeffreyb77
    I am looking to see if anyone knows a way to remove the messenger icon at the bottom of the screen and replace it with another type of sms/mms system. I have handcent i'm using at this point and would like to remove or completely disable the droid messenger that is pre installed by defalt

From the home screen, hit "Applications" to open up all your apps. Once you hit the little gear icon in the upper left hand corner, you'll be able to replace the first three icons on the very bottom of the screen.

I don't see why you'd need a 3rd party launcher when TouchWiz is pretty standalone and decent itself...
    07-20-2011 08:38 AM
    nice, thanks for the help
    07-20-2011 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD