12-02-2011 03:22 PM
167 ... 34567
tools
    wont be long now, any day now, right around the corner

it's funny how many times these things have been said since this thread was started in July

I bet we will get it after samsung releases their next phone on Verizon, that way the people who really want a new OS will buy another phone from them (just my conspiracy theory)
    I happen to agree with this conspiracy theory, especially when there's money involved. Let's see, if I'm verizon and I don't push GB to the Charge, maybe some Charge owners will get impatient waiting for GB and fork over the cash to get the Prime or Vigor or other new phone off contract. That means big money for me. I'll go with that plan.
    10-02-2011 11:43 AM
    I think it has some merit, especially as a selling point. I just cannot see waiting until November for it. That is why I thought it would be the end of September.

My faith in my guesses are really slipping.
    10-02-2011 01:46 PM
    Stratosphere is shipping likely this week (6th) with 2.3,
    So tell me, what's the problem?
    10-02-2011 09:45 PM
    I would guess a month after that we will see the update if it is in the same class as the charge. I knew nothing about this phone. Is it a high end phone like the charge or a mid range phone?

I think samsung tends to release an update as the next OS is coming out, the fascinate got froyo after GB was out so if that is the conspiracy then we wont see GB until ICS is out
    10-03-2011 11:00 AM
    Strat is considered mid level. Considering it is the charge with a smaller screen (4 vs 4.3), upgraded os, just super amoled (not plus), 5mp cam (instead of 8), and has a keyboard, it is still mid. Hell the lg enlighten that just came out has 2.3. Wtf?
    10-03-2011 03:57 PM
    Just wondering, but does anyone have any new info?
    10-16-2011 09:04 PM
    Let me tell you guys, I too was pissed that this is taking so long as there's no excuse for it in my mind. Are there "reasons" yes, but they're still inexcusable. After being frustrated long enough I finally decided to use Clockwork mod for the first time ever. I installed GummyCharge on my phone and the difference is night and day.
    10-16-2011 10:09 PM
    I havent heard anything lately, in fact it seems like developing has slowed down as well, not as many ROMs after the last leak and usually there is a bunch in the first few days.

Samsung has done it again with the slow updates, I am guessing the update will come out 9 months after it was released (just a personal guess)

I am not surprised nor am I upset, I fully expected this to be the case and planned on rooting and ROMing this phone.
    10-17-2011 01:02 PM
    newbie here... is it possible that samsung is waiting to just jump to ice cream instead of gingerbread then ice cream?
    10-19-2011 01:52 AM
    I also got tired of waiting so I rooted. Running 2.3.4 with gummycharge 2.0 and love it!
    10-19-2011 02:39 AM
    So samsung and google anounce 4.0 ice cream sandwich to be on the nexus in november here in the states. But I am still on 2.2.1 ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Since we don't even have gingerbread on these phones, I'm betting that they will never see the ice cream sandwich update. Samsung has dropped the ball time after time. This will be my last samsung product I ever purchase. And by the way, I have had 4 replacement devices in the last 2 weeks! About to be number 5. Different problems with each device
    10-19-2011 06:21 AM
    So samsung and google anounce 4.0 ice cream sandwich to be on the nexus in november here in the states. But I am still on 2.2.1 ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Since we don't even have gingerbread on these phones, I'm betting that they will never see the ice cream sandwich update. Samsung has dropped the ball time after time. This will be my last samsung product I ever purchase. And by the way, I have had 4 replacement devices in the last 2 weeks! About to be number 5. Different problems with each device
    So Captain Obvious takes another troll down with him.
    10-19-2011 04:57 PM
    LOL!
    10-19-2011 06:00 PM
    That's Right!
    10-19-2011 06:03 PM
    How is Verizon going to launch another samsung device running 4.0, when we can't updated on the current " High End " samsung device that they offer?
    10-19-2011 06:06 PM
    nexus updates are managed by google, not verizon or samsung.

I also bought the phone knowing full well I would be rooting and ROMing. There would be no way I would have bought this phone if I thought I couldnt do that.
    10-19-2011 08:22 PM
    Is it possible to go from Fyoyo to ICS? Aside from having a great front facing camera and pretty much no ability to do video chat, I've been fine on Froyo.
    10-19-2011 08:26 PM
    I guess it is possible but I can not imagine them doing that.
    10-19-2011 08:34 PM
    I also got tired of waiting so I rooted. Running 2.3.4 with gummycharge 2.0 and love it!
    Now, I know this isn't truly the right place for this, but I've scoured the web several times over looking for a simple, fool-proof rooting system for the Charge running 2.2.1 (with the Verizon OTA update). Can anyone please point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance and pardon my poor etiquette.
    10-20-2011 04:31 AM
    Is it possible to go from Fyoyo to ICS? Aside from having a great front facing camera and pretty much no ability to do video chat, I've been fine on Froyo.
    FFC works fine with skype - skype just had to update their app.
    10-20-2011 11:12 AM
    Glad you pointed that out. I too was under the impression Skype needed Gingerbread to get the FFC to work but lo and behold just checked it and it works. HOWEVER the orientation on the video call recipients screen doesn't change orientation as the phone does.

This makes me sad.
    10-20-2011 11:41 AM
    Stock ee4 SUX! GPS is slow, phone is laggy, 4g never works. I flashed the stock debloated EP3H on my phone and its perfect. NO issues at all, reception is 10X better, phone is snappy as can be and it is rooted! It is stock so no roms and it just works. ANyone can do this and it takes 10 min at most and no computer degree, XDA has a flashing guide to GB,but just substitute in the EP3H version
    10-21-2011 02:46 PM
    http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/andro...erbread-update

Seriously? This is getting ridiculous. I was kind of hoping to try out Gingerbread on the Charge before dropping about $600 (or more) on the Nexus. Anybody wanna buy my Charge?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    10-27-2011 10:20 AM
    ^mine too. Razr is preordered
    10-27-2011 07:37 PM
    ^mine too. Razr is preordered
    I agree with the sentiment. But if you want to avoid this problem in the future...go with the Galaxy Nexus.
    10-28-2011 01:17 AM
167 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD