12-02-2011 04:22 PM
167 ... 4567
tools
    So even the lg revolution is getting gb. Man Samsung really sucks.I think they want everyone to move to the nexus anyway. :/
    10-28-2011 03:38 AM
    I'm completely content with ginger bread and android voice and motoblur, really.
    10-28-2011 11:12 AM
    Should be any day now, Samsung has learned their lesson from the fascinate .........oh wait, this isn't still July! Maybe they haven't learned.......but I guess neither have some of us.
    This is really comical at this point. All I can do is laugh about it. But I honestly feel bad for anyone who has not rooted and is holding out for the official update. If I had not done that I would probably be pretty pissed off at this point.
    10-28-2011 03:28 PM
    *crossing my fingers that an update will at least fix the GPS*
    10-28-2011 03:30 PM
    Wait, there's a plain vanilla version of android out there I can flash on my phone? I have searched and searched and searched and have never found this. You said this fixed everything? Even the GPS?
    10-28-2011 03:32 PM
    Come to think of it, they did this same thing with my Plasma HDTV. But, hey. They gotta make a buck. $$$
    10-28-2011 03:35 PM
    Mark my words, Droid Charge will be my last Samsung phone! No updates, no more buying from Samsung.
    10-28-2011 03:41 PM
    I doubt that it will be that much longer for the update. The longer they stall the more people will flock to an iPhone like the 4s. I bought an IPad2 a month or two ago and the OS is amazing especially their recent update to IOS 5 last week. This same OS runs on their Macs, iPhones and iPads now so when you take a pic with one device it appears on all of them.
    Samsung is leaving themselves wide open to lose a lot of future buyers if they don't release GB very soon. When the Charge came out I jumped from a BB but was leary about going with Samsung because of their past poor update history. I really like the device but will probably jump to an iPhone 5 when it's finally rolled out just because of how seamless iOS 5 is between their devices. And I've always been a PC guy until I bought the iPad 2. It was like how good the jump from ditching BB when I got the Droid. The jump to iOS 5 is even sweeter. I rarely own the same device for 2 yrs anyway. I'm not rooted and if the GB update appears that'd be great, but in 6 months I'd probably be leaving Android behind anyway, but in my opinion other than the useless GPS (try waiting for the device to lock on a satellite for 10 min. While you are moving as you need to change destinations) The Charges OS is great the way it is right now except for bugs like the GPs. If Samsung drags the GB update out much longer people will be driven to other platforms like the iPhones.
    10-28-2011 11:22 PM
    They too busy working on ICS for the Tabs and SII... Charge forgotten before it was even released! Good thing im getting the nexus day one.
    10-29-2011 01:37 AM
    I think even the galaxy s2 will be stuck on gb,for atleast another year knowing Samsung.If they even update that. I was one of those people that thought the charge would be different because it was a droid. Man was I wrong. The charge is just a fat fascinate waiting to be forgotten. I now kinda hate that the galaxy nexus is samsung,didn't want to support them anymore.
    10-29-2011 04:34 AM
    Just to add the drama:
    I have heard that VZW has the charge gb update, but has not released it yet.

Anyone have a source for this claim?
    11-01-2011 04:45 PM
    you might gain a little more credability if you disclosed your source .. That is unless it is a Verizon customer rep.:-)
    11-03-2011 05:27 PM
    At lest we do know that the charge will never get ics
    11-03-2011 05:31 PM
    Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

How soon will we be there?

Are we there yet?
    11-04-2011 04:21 PM
    I had issues when I first bought the phone from Verizon in July, but then I reverted to 2.2.1 and rooted it, and have since had no issues. As some others have said, the GPS takes a little longer to lock on to satellites than other phones, but can be helped along by third party GPS assist apps. Unfortunately, it appears there are no plans for the Charge to ever get ICS, which is perhaps its greatest downfall. I guess the greedy bastards are gambling that we will buy new phones just to get ICS. PS VZW 4G LTE is 3X faster than my home cable broadband connection.
    11-07-2011 11:09 AM
    I had issues when I first bought the phone from Verizon in July, but then I reverted to 2.2.1 and rooted it, and have since had no issues. As some others have said, the GPS takes a little longer to lock on to satellites than other phones, but can be helped along by third party GPS assist apps. Unfortunately, it appears there are no plans for the Charge to ever get ICS, which is perhaps its greatest downfall. I guess the greedy bastards are gambling that we will buy new phones just to get ICS. PS VZW 4G LTE is 3X faster than my home cable broadband connection.
    I have no complaints about my Charge.. It has proven to be well worth my trade up from a useless Fascinate.i live in a fringe area and my charge has never failed to get calls in/out...
    gps work fast than i can make the turns on a trip.. the Charge even works in places my Fascinate wouldnt do anything.
    i read the spec sheet on Nexus and theres some essentuals i cant do with out...
    from all the readings of all other phones ..i think everyone should remember that the Droid Charge is a hard working stable cpu/phone.
    mkoronka and GramieDroid like this.
    11-20-2011 11:55 PM
    I have no complaints about my Charge.. It has proven to be well worth my trade up from a useless Fascinate.i live in a fringe area and my charge has never failed to get calls in/out...
    If you can still make calls easy, you don't live in a fringe area. I still find my self walking around holding the phone in strange positions to get a good connection, and that's not even a 3G connection! Battery drain is growing faster and faster, and it's life sucks when you can't get a 3G signal (or no signal at all).
    GramieDroid likes this.
    11-21-2011 09:34 AM
    gps work fast than i can make the turns on a trip.. the Charge even works in places my Fascinate wouldnt do anything.
    i read the spec sheet on Nexus and theres some essentuals i cant do with out...
    from all the readings of all other phones ..i think everyone should remember that the Droid Charge is a hard working stable cpu/phone.
    Things I noticed after going to GB
    - much longer a battery life
    - runs cooler
    - can leave data connection on without draining battery quickly, before had to use WIFI at home
    - GPS somewhat quicker
    - on a trip no longer have the overheating problem
    Terrigno likes this.
    11-21-2011 10:19 AM
    The most recent gingerbread leak has completely changed my perspective on this phone. Mostly due to battery life...I'm now able to run JuiceDefender with no troubles and can go from 5am to 10pm without even getting into yellow (granted, I'm not generally doing a lot of screen-intensive stuff like watching Netflix or playing Fruit Ninja).

I haven't had a chance to put the GPS to the test, but with Gingerbread + 4G service, the Charge is a phone worth owning.
    11-21-2011 12:36 PM
    It's funny that the one update that might make this phone worth owning is one that, if it ever shows up, will be pushed out after most people have probably given up on the Charge. I don't think I'll ever understand Samsung.
    11-21-2011 02:01 PM
    Our VZ cel phone rep. told us VZ has been testing GB for the past week, we could get it as early as next week.....
    11-21-2011 10:14 PM
    If you can still make calls easy, you don't live in a fringe area. I still find my self walking around holding the phone in strange positions to get a good connection, and that's not even a 3G connection! Battery drain is growing faster and faster, and it's life sucks when you can't get a 3G signal (or no signal at all).
    I hear ya! About 70% of the area I live has no coverage at all. In my home I have to stand on the south side and lean into an upstairs window if I want to make a traditional call. Yet in this same house I have high speed internet...

Dave

kraisydave's Channel - YouTube

Twitter @kraisydave

Android, Tech, HDR Photos

Everyone deserves to get the most out of their phone!
    11-22-2011 02:03 AM
    It's funny that the one update that might make this phone worth owning is one that, if it ever shows up, will be pushed out after most people have probably given up on the Charge. I don't think I'll ever understand Samsung.
    I think they do this to sell more phones

Our VZ cel phone rep. told us VZ has been testing GB for the past week, we could get it as early as next week.....
    Eventually someone will say this and be right seeing as people have been saying it since June or July :-)
    11-22-2011 07:53 AM
    The most recent gingerbread leak has completely changed my perspective on this phone. Mostly due to battery life...I'm now able to run JuiceDefender with no troubles and can go from 5am to 10pm without even getting into yellow (granted, I'm not generally doing a lot of screen-intensive stuff like watching Netflix or playing Fruit Ninja).

I haven't had a chance to put the GPS to the test, but with Gingerbread + 4G service, the Charge is a phone worth owning.
    the new GB was a God sent. the GPS lock is instant, much less lag, and i get a couple hours more on the battery and i use screen intensive apps like fruit ninja and netflix ha
    11-22-2011 07:19 PM
    I'm looking forward to the improved GPS, although it has been tolerable for me. I'm wondering about Bluetoooth. Is it any more stable? About once every couple of days I have to turn it off and on again to get the charge to connect with my car's head unit. Is Bluetooth any more reliable on the Charge with the Gingerbread update?
    11-22-2011 07:48 PM
167 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD