12-02-2011 03:22 PM
167 ... 567
tools
    its been a little better to be honest, but still has issues.
    11-22-2011 10:25 PM
    My Wife is still on her original Verizon Motorolla Droid and got the Gingerbread update last night.
    11-23-2011 10:43 AM
    I've been checking on the Verizon forums and somebody dropped this news today:

We just got source code! I repeat, we just got source code! Source code for Samsung SCH-I510 Gingerbread internal build number EP4D has been posted to the Samsung Open Source Web Site! Usually when source code is released, that means that the update isn't too far behind it. Usually it's days away. Samsung doesn't release source code, especially kernel source code, unless the version that the code is being released for is intended to be released as an update to the actual phones. That is Samsung policy.

He says for proof just go to https: //opensource.samsung.com and search for SCH-I510.
    11-23-2011 10:45 AM
    Yep, EP4D is there. Hope this is good news!
    11-23-2011 12:41 PM
    so can we download the source code and upgrade our phones to GM manually?

Sorry, im not to tech savvy.
    11-23-2011 12:49 PM
    I've been checking on the Verizon forums and somebody dropped this news today:

We just got source code! I repeat, we just got source code! Source code for Samsung SCH-I510 Gingerbread internal build number EP4D has been posted to the Samsung Open Source Web Site! Usually when source code is released, that means that the update isn't too far behind it. Usually it's days away. Samsung doesn't release source code, especially kernel source code, unless the version that the code is being released for is intended to be released as an update to the actual phones. That is Samsung policy.

He says for proof just go to https: //opensource.samsung.com and search for SCH-I510.
    Sorry...... I don't have time to comment. With news like this I am on my way out the door to buy some lotto tickets. It almost feels like I won. (maybe it should be buy some cookie doe)
    11-23-2011 12:55 PM
    It's going to be available on the 29th. Verizon has confirmed. They have even posted the support .pdf.
    11-23-2011 06:03 PM
    See this thread, has link to pdf with info

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=135925

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    11-23-2011 06:55 PM
    I'm looking forward to the improved GPS, although it has been tolerable for me. I'm wondering about Bluetoooth. Is it any more stable? About once every couple of days I have to turn it off and on again to get the charge to connect with my car's head unit. Is Bluetooth any more reliable on the Charge with the Gingerbread update?

For me the latest gb build the Bluetooth is much worse then the prior build. I am not happy at all!!!
    The last one would drop connection once and a while. Maybe 2-3 times in 3 weeks. This build I can not get the connection to work. When I do get it to work it cuts out here and there a few times during every song.
    11-25-2011 11:13 AM
    so can we download the source code and upgrade our phones to GM manually?

Sorry, im not to tech savvy.
    If you are not too tech savvy then I guess it's safe to say you are not a developer. The source code is only good for developers who can take that source code and use it to make a working ROM. If you are not a developer, the source code is useless for you to download. You cannot download it and update your phone. Developers use the source code to make the custom ROMs and kernels we all enjoy so much when we root our phones. If you are not a developer you will have to wait and choose one of two options: 1) If you are not rooted, do nothing and wait for the OTA to download to your phone, or if you are rooted, put your phone back to stock EE4 and wait to receive the OTA or; 2) If you are rooted, leave your phone rooted on the custom ROM you are running and wait for the developers to work their magic with the source code, then flash the custom ROM, kernel, etc. of you choosing.
    11-26-2011 03:25 AM
    lol I just had to post in this epic waiting thread. Don't think I'll be supporting Samsung anymore after this ridiculous wait, unless if it were a Nexus. 7 months after release and maybe I'll finally feel like I own a phone made in 2011.
    11-27-2011 07:31 PM
    lol I just had to post in this epic waiting thread. Don't think I'll be supporting Samsung anymore after this ridiculous wait, unless if it were a Nexus. 7 months after release and maybe I'll finally feel like I own a phone made in 2011.
    This. Raging this. No one should have to root their phone in order to get it to work the way it's supposed to.

On a side note, doing exactly that and rooting mine with the latest leak has made it feel like an entirely new device (coming from stock). My plans to upgrade to the Galaxy Nexus are actually on hold as a result.
    NIUHuskie likes this.
    11-28-2011 10:13 AM
    This. Raging this. No one should have to root their phone in order to get it to work the way it's supposed to.

On a side note, doing exactly that and rooting mine with the latest leak has made it feel like an entirely new device (coming from stock). My plans to upgrade to the Galaxy Nexus are actually on hold as a result.
    I sure hope I feel that way when I finally get the update OTA. I've been disappointed with how this phone has performed since getting it in August. Keeping my fingers crossed that GB will be here tomorrow and that it will be an upgrade.
    11-28-2011 01:55 PM
    I bet it will be out within 2 weeks of the nexus being released.
    11-29-2011 07:41 PM
    I sure hope I feel that way when I finally get the update OTA. I've been disappointed with how this phone has performed since getting it in August. Keeping my fingers crossed that GB will be here tomorrow and that it will be an upgrade.
    I have no idea as to what you've done to yer Charge but mine has worked perfectly at every turn.
    some roms worked better than others, so I had my ups and downs.. but as far as this Charge goes i can not complain.. there has been quite a few updates from the devs, i have rooted rerooted, went to stock and about everything there and finally settled with the Gummy Charged GB 2.1-----
    the volume increase in 2.1 was a welcome event. of course one can DL Galaxy Tuner and raise volume.
    the gps inside house might be off but crap i can find my bedroom kitchen etc.. when i plan a trip it gives all directions faster than i can think about the turns etc.
    why everyone wants to gripe about the Charge is beyond my understanding.. oh i know,, the griping folks on the Droid Charge never had a Fascinate,, well theres a nerve tuner. crap that phone would not update its self. i live in a fringe area and the fassy wa a good camera here but sucked on calls in/out.

i recieved the Charge as a trade up cause i ed untill Verizon gave me the switch up and i love this charge.. .. after reading the specs on the nexus , i'd guess ev will wish they kept the Charge,, look for the word antenna in the specs .. on fassy etc.. the charge mentions one and where.. the fassy nothing.. and maybe the Nexus might have one... or just depend upon the sensors as did the fascinate.
    11-30-2011 01:23 AM
    I remember seeing a list of everything that GB will add/fix. Can someone point me to that link/list?

Thanks,
    Jim
    12-02-2011 08:55 AM
    12-02-2011 03:22 PM
167 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD