Gingerbread

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Any hear anything about when the charge is supposed to be getting gingerbread?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

The third leak came out yesterday and even though there is no official word that I have heard about, I would guess that it is close. Within the month if the stability that this last leak supposedly has is true.

jbomb11

Banned
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
After just jumping ship from the crappy thunderbolt it would be a small personal victory for me if the charge got gingerbread first!!!!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
When someone tells me why I should be excited about "Gingerbread", I'll look forward to it. I'd rather see problems like "No data connectivity" issue solved...things that prevent the Charge from being a reliable 4G phone.

Plucknbach

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I'll wait for the official version. I'll let the braver souls to use their charge as sacrificial lambs. I'm perfectly happy with Froyo at the moment.

jnaught

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
When someone tells me why I should be excited about "Gingerbread", I'll look forward to it. I'd rather see problems like "No data connectivity" issue solved...things that prevent the Charge from being a reliable 4G phone.

I've never had the no data connectivity problem - so, count my Charge as a reliable 4G phone. :)

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I've never had the no data connectivity problem - so, count my Charge as a reliable 4G phone. :)

I'm happy for you, but for the many many of us who do have these problems, the Charge is not a 'reliable 4G phone'. In fact it's not a reliable 3G phone either for that matter since these issues can also occur in 3G-only areas.

jpog

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, I have great 4G and 3 G experience with the charge. I would say that it probably depends where you live if your having reliability issues with the phone.

barrycinti

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, I have great 4G and 3 G experience with the charge. I would say that it probably depends where you live if your having reliability issues with the phone.
I agree on vacation my charge is a completely different animal 3g works great on vacation.

Rudolphe

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
4G's off and on, and I live in Philadelphia which is supposed to be an "expanded 4G area". Very rarely have problems with 3G, maybe 3 or 4 times in the past 6 weeks. I will say it was rather annoying when I did have 3G issues though...

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
After just jumping ship from the crappy thunderbolt it would be a small personal victory for me if the charge got gingerbread first!!!!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

You know the old saying, "You sleep - you weep"? Well I did and I am.

I should have returned my thunderbolt within the 2 week window but I decided to wait for the update. What I didn't know was vzw had changed their 30 day return policy to 14 days. Well the 14 days expired so now I'm stuck with the thunderbolt. So as you work on solving your charge problems be consoled - it could be worse - you could have done what I did! 2 yrs of purgatory now for my sin.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
You know the old saying, "You sleep - you weep"? Well I did and I am.

I should have returned my thunderbolt within the 2 week window but I decided to wait for the update. What I didn't know was vzw had changed their 30 day return policy to 14 days. Well the 14 days expired so now I'm stuck with the thunderbolt. So as you work on solving your charge problems be consoled - it could be worse - you could have done what I did! 2 yrs of purgatory now for my sin.
I too had the T-bolt but return it by the 14th day. Bty: Been w/big Red since their beginning and their policy has always been 14 days. Some third party sellers give you 30 but the fine print on a return is very important. Phone better be in perfect shape. Anyway, took a chance on waiting for the Charge or the Bionic. I waited a bit further to see what the LG would be like. I chose the Charge for its screen & battery. I'm mostly pleased with the choice but I'm also having the data issues in Austin. I have to restart every once in awhile just to get it going again. I do feel however that it is related to location because it happens mostly when I'm in my office building or at home. Both have marginal signal strength but I'm not convinced that the signal meter is related to true strength of the data channel. It may relate to the voice channel only. Not sure so I’m going to do some checking on that. While I’m out driving, data seems to be ok.

derpudel

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Recently, I spent about a month in Austin, with a weekend in Dallas. Data on 3G in Austin was iffy. The 4G in Dallas worked fine. I do believe it was a location issue with the Austin area. I had to keep restarting my Charge repeatedly while in Austin, just to get data signal back. Very frustrating.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2