So I've had the Orginal droid, the Samsung Fascinate, (the droid x for a day) The htc Inc 2, and the Samsung droid charge. All of those have something in common there all android and they all have problems. It seems no matter which company you buy from htc, Samsung it doesn't matter they all fail in polish. The Orginal droid was probably the most polished phone I've had, even though it had problems. Samsung seems to be the worst as far as polish I mean they can't even seem to get a phone to work as a actual phone. I mean they have the nice screen but my god the software is so buggy and laggy. The fascinate and the charge are basically twins, Same processor, and ram and file system. The charge has bigger and nicer screen also has 4g but the same unpolished Samsung treatment.

I'm getting tired of all these phones not working as advertised I am at the point where I just want a phone that works like its supposed too. I mean maybe they should stop pumping so many phones out so fast, let them take some time testing. I mean thats why the iphone is better because the iphone only comes out once a year. Its made by the same company and its only one device. The charge has really made me think about wanting to jump ship. I know there are a lot of fan boys on this site for android and I mean its a android site but come on, I know you guys are getting tired of phones that don't work right? Anyone else agree with me?
    07-24-2011 05:10 PM
    Sounds like you need to go to the iPhone
    07-24-2011 05:15 PM
    Sounds like you need to go to the iPhone
    Well I was thinking about it.Whats your opinion,you like buying phones that don't work right?
    07-24-2011 05:31 PM
    Well I was thinking about it.Whats your opinion,you like buying phones that don't work right?
    Sorry, I refuse to be goaded into an arguement that blatantly. All my Android phones work fine. If they don't work for you, move on. Why have you stuck with them this long if they don't work for you? Just believe the Apple tag line and buy an iPhone. It just works
    07-24-2011 06:00 PM
    Yes . . . iphone . . . go for it and be happy the iphone 5 is just over the horizon!
    07-24-2011 06:01 PM
    Cool story, bro. Enjoy the iphone

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    07-24-2011 06:44 PM
    So I've had the Orginal droid, the Samsung Fascinate, (the droid x for a day) The htc Inc 2, and the Samsung droid charge. All of those have something in common there all android and they all have problems. It seems no matter which company you buy from htc, Samsung it doesn't matter they all fail in polish. The Orginal droid was probably the most polished phone I've had, even though it had problems. Samsung seems to be the worst as far as polish I mean they can't even seem to get a phone to work as a actual phone. I mean they have the nice screen but my god the software is so buggy and laggy. The fascinate and the charge are basically twins, Same processor, and ram and file system. The charge has bigger and nicer screen also has 4g but the same unpolished Samsung treatment.

I'm getting tired of all these phones not working as advertised I am at the point where I just want a phone that works like its supposed too. I mean maybe they should stop pumping so many phones out so fast, let them take some time testing. I mean thats why the iphone is better because the iphone only comes out once a year. Its made by the same company and its only one device. The charge has really made me think about wanting to jump ship. I know there are a lot of fan boys on this site for android and I mean its a android site but come on, I know you guys are getting tired of phones that don't work right? Anyone else agree with me?
    Nothing but blown away by the Droid Charge. Perhaps you should try Web-OS?
    07-24-2011 06:53 PM
    Since you are asking for opinions, I have the Charge and like it quite a bit. TW is a bit laggy, but I have switched to Go Launcher and have been quite happy with the performance of the phone. As for bugs, I have not found it to be buggy at all. In my opinion, given the amount of phones you have gone through, it gives the appearance that you are searching for the "perfect" phone (of course, I could be wrong). If you cannot find it in Android, perhaps you should look at other OS's like iOS and WebOS. There are lots of choices out there and clearly, Android is not doing it for you.

Best of luck to you and your search for phone nirvana.
    07-24-2011 07:03 PM
    I have been fine with all my android phones. Both the ones for my sprint personal phones, and the ones on my work att account. The only one I can complain about was the samsung captivate. That thing sucked and was laggier then anything I have ever used before.

But you got to find what's best for you. If android is not working for you then it might be time to move on. Best of luck to you with that. I would say maybe try and exchange the charge one more time to see if you just got a defective device and then maybe rooting it and putting on a custom rom. That might work as well. That'd whay I ended up doing with thr captivate I had and it did improve its performance ten fold.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G
    07-24-2011 07:07 PM
    seems this guy has lots of money to spend on phones....must be a bored rich guy lol...and we all know iphones have never had any issues lol....these phones are just small computers and they will have issues from time to time....maybe he has been buying them used off ebay and is getting crappy phones....i love my charge....good luck with the iphone....
    07-24-2011 07:12 PM
    you sound like my mom. technology illiterate and somewhat cynical.

iOS is simple and restricted - a jailbreak will slightly improve this.

Android OS is more customizable. Rooted - the sky is the limit.

In the words of those who change from PC to Mac, "I'm glad I made the switch." - To Android that is.
    07-24-2011 07:21 PM
    To give the original poster some credit....I have both the iPhone and the Charge (comment as you will about my spending habits). The thing about the iPhone is...well....it does just work. So do the apps.

This is especially true around more important functions like eMail (if you don't use gMail the Android phones are really hard; the only thing they do better than the iPhone is they have ability to turn off and on out of office notices; you mean cut-and-paste DOES NOT WORK in any email other than gMail? you mean you can't forward an email and show all of the prior email information like addressees, time/date/etc.? REALLY!!?! wow.). Typing is better on the iPhone. iPhones don't tend to lock up and have to "force close" (my stock charge does). iPhones don't require you to download a launcher (launcher pro is great, but why do I have to d/l it again?), they don't require you to d/l a new keyboard (having customized keyboards IS great, but why can't the stock one work as well as a stock keyboard on most other devices). iPhones integrate better and easier with music and video content (yeah, I know, there are ways to do this and do this wirelessly on a Charge; but gee...).

There are other reasons why an iPhone would be better too. (Apps are better and more widely available (Instagram anyone?); support is far superior (anyone tried to figure out how to do something on an Android with the help of Verizon or AT&T?); and there really isn't any lag on an iPhone.)

So quit being so hard on the OP. He has a valid point. The Android devices are trying to be all things to all people, and as a result they fail miserably in many areas and are way too complicated for the average user. (Do you really think the average person wants to figure out which launcher to download to avoid intolerable lag?)

All that said, I like the Charge, and hope the Gingerbread update fixes some of its almost fatal flaws.

If it does I may ditch my iPhone altogether. If they don't...iPhone 5 here I come, and bye bye Droid.

(P.S. I have the iPhone 3GS, not the iPhone 4 so I presume my points are even more valid vs. the 4.)
    trigun123478 likes this.
    07-24-2011 07:37 PM
    To give the original poster some credit....I have both the iPhone and the Charge (comment as you will about my spending habits). The thing about the iPhone is...well....it does just work. So do the apps.

This is especially true around more important functions like eMail (if you don't use gMail the Android phones are really hard; the only thing they do better than the iPhone is they have ability to turn off and on out of office notices; you mean cut-and-paste DOES NOT WORK in any email other than gMail? you mean you can't forward an email and show all of the prior email information like addressees, time/date/etc.? REALLY!!?! wow.). Typing is better on the iPhone. iPhones don't tend to lock up and have to "force close" (my stock charge does). iPhones don't require you to download a launcher (launcher pro is great, but why do I have to d/l it again?), they don't require you to d/l a new keyboard (having customized keyboards IS great, but why can't the stock one work as well as a stock keyboard on most other devices). iPhones integrate better and easier with music and video content (yeah, I know, there are ways to do this and do this wirelessly on a Charge; but gee...).

There are other reasons why an iPhone would be better too. (Apps are better and more widely available (Instagram anyone?); support is far superior (anyone tried to figure out how to do something on an Android with the help of Verizon or AT&T?); and there really isn't any lag on an iPhone.)

So quit being so hard on the OP. He has a valid point. The Android devices are trying to be all things to all people, and as a result they fail miserably in many areas and are way too complicated for the average user. (Do you really think the average person wants to figure out which launcher to download to avoid intolerable lag?)

All that said, I like the Charge, and hope the Gingerbread update fixes some of its almost fatal flaws.

If it does I may ditch my iPhone altogether. If they don't...iPhone 5 here I come, and bye bye Droid.
    I'm not going to respond to all your points because you make a few valid ones, but all phones have faults, the iphone included. That being said, it is pretty obvious which way you lean on the matter. I will say, therebis absolutely nothing wrong with the android keyboard, and you do not need to download a launcher. Why would you need to download a launcher? Lets not forget that the iphone only got copy?paste, what, a year ago?

I will also say I know quite a few computer illiterate people that have absolutely no problems with android, and love it.

I will not give the op any credit. He obviously came here trying to start a flame war.
    07-24-2011 07:44 PM
    seems this guy has lots of money to spend on phones....must be a bored rich guy lol...and we all know iphones have never had any issues lol....these phones are just small computers and they will have issues from time to time....maybe he has been buying them used off ebay and is getting crappy phones....i love my charge....good luck with the iphone....
    Ok I'll start by saying no I do not have lots of money. The Original droid I traded someone from my blackberry storm 2 on Craigslist. Got the fascinate because I stole my sisters upgrade and she doesn't care about phones, the droid Inc2 because Verizon sent me 7 fascinates that all had screen problems so they offered it to me. Then the charge because I still had a fascinate and switched back to it because I was having dropped calls on the Inc 2 so I wanted to try it and then the missed call problem and got the free droid charge brand new I might add. So shows what you know. Plus I go to many android sites and I basically study phones. So I'm pretty tech savy. I know my stuff. I'm no casual user. Its not that android is complicated. Its that it doesn't work as advertised.

Every android phone, and I read around on the forums checked different phones out and all of the forums are filled with people complaining about stuff that doesn't work like its supposed too. As soon as a phone comes out you are all waiting for a patch. This is not flamebait this is me being fed up with it and trying to see if other people agree with me but I can see that you guys don't. Put the fan boy crap aside. There are many things I love about android, changing the look with launchers or by rooting, lots of options with dialers or keyboards and keyboard sounds.( I love the Samsung keyboard sounds) The point is that the phones just aren't polished. Go to the store play with the Iphone its the only display model that's not laggy. Take a picture with the iPhone see how quick it is. Pinch to zoom its so smooth. The browser needs improvement doesn't have flash and all that. I have went through this many phones because I loved android but its getting ridiculous, everyone has had some sort of issue and we are all waiting for a patch which has to go through verizon or other carriers. The iphone you get the patch right away. I was just fed up with it and now no longer care. I am loosing my passion for smart phones, How could I be a causal user and go through that many phones, I root do all kinds of stuff with my phones. I check this site every single day. You guys are in denial if you say your phone has no problems. NO I'm not searching for the perfect phone. I just want one that works more than it messes up.I want bugs to be a minor thing, Like my ps3 or my computer monitor they work as advertised. I go to the iphone forums and there all talking about the new iphone and different things not about problems with the phones. Come on guys, fanboy crap is so stupid. Just give me a phone that works as a phone first then a computer.
    07-24-2011 08:09 PM

(P.S. I have the iPhone 3GS, not the iPhone 4 so I presume my points are even more valid vs. the 4.)
    Thanks for agreeing with me.Also come on guys I take a picture with flash and the droid charge crashes lol 4g sucks the crap out of battery. Then there's the garbled call quality. The Iphone does have more polish its made by the company that created it. Google made android then htc, or samsung messes with the code and it all goes down hill from there. Let me say it again I was never trying to start a war, I just wanted to see if other people feel like me.
    07-24-2011 08:14 PM
    Thanks for agreeing with me.Also come on guys I take a picture with flash and the droid charge crashes lol 4g sucks the crap out of battery. Then there's the garbled call quality. The Iphone does have more polish its made by the company that created it. Google made android then htc, or samsung messes with the code and it all goes down hill from there. Let me say it again I was never trying to start a war, I just wanted to see if other people feel like me.
    Yes, there are people that agree with you...on the iphone site. Buh bye.

And btw, you must have loved how quick sony fixed psn. Yeah, that just works perfectly too, lmao
    07-24-2011 08:24 PM
    Apple makes their own software and products and ships them to 2 carriers. Android platform has 4 companies making phones shipping them out to 4 major carriers and then some. You cant compare the two.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    07-24-2011 08:43 PM
    I've made this analogy elsewhere, but those who appreciate economics/history might like it.

iOS is like a Command economy. It provides a very stable platform and has a lot of features about it people like. While there are issues here or there, it's a stable consistent platform.

Android is like a market economy. It has its bumps, there's a lot of experimentation, and a lot more diversity. It has a lot more innovation and is a lot better when it comes down to personalization.

Just as the command economies of the Soviet bloc ended up attempting to copy the innovations which were developed in the market economies, so to has iOS borrowed from Android (quite heavily in the upcoming update). The analogy falls apart a little bit because iOS is more successful than the Soviet-style economy ever was, but that's mostly because what you want out of your smartphone isn't the same thing.

If you want bread and some soup everyday and want it to consistently be on your table, go get the iPhone.

If you want to have some bread, maybe some soup, maybe even a steak or a lobster, but also maybe ramen noodles on some days, then get an Android.

Each have their benefits, but by my presence in this forum you can see where I stand.
    07-24-2011 09:50 PM
    Don't feed the troll.....
    07-24-2011 10:12 PM
    Sometimes you see something, and you think "this will not end well".

OP -- I'm glad you found the piece of electronic equipment that makes you happy. Why you have the need for others to validate your choice, is beyond my understanding, and not really my business.

I would think your time would be better spent planning how you will enjoy your new phone instead of troll-baiting Android forums on the Internet. I'm going to help, by closing this thread. Go have fun, there's no need to argue with people who shouldn't factor into what makes you happy.
    dubge likes this.
    07-24-2011 10:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD