We just got 4g last week in my part of NC. At my house I have always had a full signal. Was hoping for full 4g coverage as well. Still only have 3g at house. The phone appears to have no issues with switching from 4g to 3g and vice versa. I have rebooted phone, taken it in and out of airplane mode and it always comes back in 3g. Anyone else having similar issues?

I went on the verizon website and according to their map I should have good 4g coverage. Called tech support and they agreed. They are sending out technician to check tower in 1-5 days. To be continued.....
    07-25-2011 07:10 PM
    i know this is weird, but have you walked up and down the block? If you do, do you get the 4G? if so, it could be something in the house interfering with the signal...just a thought. I am not totally up on the tech behind 4G
    07-25-2011 07:12 PM
    The same thiing is happening to me in my area where we also just received 4G.
    07-25-2011 07:18 PM
    In the morning I have to drive about 3-4 miles before it switches to 4g. Full signal the whole time. I believe there is an issue with tower because my nextdoor neighbor also has a Charge and he has the same issue.
    07-25-2011 07:34 PM
    i know this is weird, but have you walked up and down the block? If you do, do you get the 4G? if so, it could be something in the house interfering with the signal...just a thought. I am not totally up on the tech behind 4G
    I have been on vacation and the whole time there has not been one connectivity issue. The area I was in had 3G only. At home I have numerous data problems, I live in a 4G area. Below are possible problems items that could be causing the issue:

- the vacation area had less data traffic so things worked smoothly, vs my home area which could be an overloaded cell tower
    - the vacation area does not have to interact with 4G, thus no switching problems

It does not make any difference if the network setting is 3G only in my home area.
    07-26-2011 09:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD