New to charge ideas?

gregchard2

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I'm coming from a fascinate and I was familiar with rooting flashing odinig and all that junk and I always had a problem with 3g and signal after flashing not sure if I want to start that with the charge yet or not but I did dial*228 and I understand thats a big no no now after calling verizon about my service but anyone have any suggestions to try or anything to catch my eye let me know please like I said I'm new to the charge family hopefully I like it haha

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Hey welcome fellow Fascinate refugee. Your gonna love the Charge. Are you in a 4G area? If so, you are REALLY gonna love the 4G.

Flashing ROMs on the Charge is very similar to the Fassy. Imnuts and a few of the other devs have more over here, so things are getting simpler all the time. Right now I am running Humble ROM and I know a few others that are with little or no issues, We have has 3 GB leaks and they were pretty good, so GB looks to be on the horizon.

I *think* OMFGB (or whatever the initial are) will be putting out a rom too soon, not sure what is up with CM.

Have fun and you need anything fire away

Reactions: brucedbr

gregchard2

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks msn I might try flashing later after I start hating stock again lol and I guess I destroyed my sim from dialing*228 from what costumer service was saying lol and is there a download for the new market cuz I'm on a very old version of the market its not updating itself?

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Great to know there is a good group here too. I pick up my Charge today after work. I too a, aformer Fassy user. I loved the phone but couldnt pass up the chance to get a 4G phone. And i hear great things about the Charge.

gregchard2

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
So far so good still stock at the moment right now but I am checking out ways to flash/root/odin and the files to do so. One tip do not dial*228 destroys the 4g lte sim card, welcome to the charge family

Reactions: brucedbr

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
So far so good still stock at the moment right now but I am checking out ways to flash/root/odin and the files to do so. One tip do not dial*228 destroys the 4g lte sim card, welcome to the charge family

Thanks for the tip! I sure would have screwed that up right away! That would have been all I need!

swenpro

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Fellow Fascinate refugee here.. Thanks for the info on the no *228. Had no idea, glad I didn't try this.

Droid Charge - Tapatalk

gregchard2

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
No problem guys always here to help if anyone has any info on a good link that tells how to do just about everything with flashing and roms and all the good stuff like the sticky on fascinate forums let me know

kenshell

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm another Fascinate refugee from the great "Verizon offer FREE INC2 or X2" thread. lol
Just got back from getting the sim card.
I'm gonna go read on how to root this bad boy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool