Video Chat - Charge to PC/Mac

Bluebasil

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
While we wait for Skype to enable our front facing camera. Is there any other app that can do video calls from my phone (wifi or 4/3g) to a PC or Mac?

Fring, Qik and Tango all appear to be phone to phone only.

Any thoughts? Presumably something is coming sooner or later from google+, right?
Thanks
BB

C_Kenny684

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I am currently having the same problem... I f anything comes up please let me know.

In the meantime, using your Charge in a mirror with skype works, but is extremely inconvenient.. Just thought I'd let you know.

Thanks,
Christian

cfox10

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
While we wait for Skype to enable our front facing camera. Is there any other app that can do video calls from my phone (wifi or 4/3g) to a PC or Mac?

Fring, Qik and Tango all appear to be phone to phone only.

Any thoughts? Presumably something is coming sooner or later from google+, right?
Thanks
BB

Oovoo, it not only works better than Tango for me, it's cross platform from iphone to PC.

dwitherell

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Froyo and the hacked Skype from here works (including front-facing camera!). Apparently since I installed it they have updated the version, which can be found here - I would assume that one would also work, although I cannot attest to that personally. Hope that helps!

Reactions: bafrench