Can not play mp3's/ringtones

lekvermont

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I have downloaded a couple of ringtones from crackberry and another source and they will not play as ring tones or with the player, twist, and similar players. Most say they don't recognize the file type. Any hints welcome

TIA

Larry

NIUHuskie

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I have downloaded a couple of ringtones from crackberry and another source and they will not play as ring tones or with the player, twist, and similar players. Most say they don't recognize the file type. Any hints welcome

TIA

Larry
I used to have issues like this on my Epic 4G...haven't had it on the Charge yet. It may not be the same, but try unmounting the SD card and the remounting it. You don't actually have to physically remove the card, just do it in the settings menu.

There was also an issue found with the official Twitter app that caused issues like this. I uninstalled Twitter and never had the issue again.

lekvermont

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it's the file, mine works fine in mp3 format. Have you tried playing it from your computer?
I think it was the twitter app. I removed that and a few others I didn't use and then shut the phone off and back on. I guess it needed a CTRL-ALT-DEL after removing the app's.

They play ok now.

Thanks for the help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463