Just curious but is there a backup app or something..that backsup the setup of your phone, like the apps, layout of home screens and widgets..that will auto push them back onto your phone if you have to do a factory reset? The iphone does this through synch with your itunes account on the computer didn't know if there was something for us?
    07-28-2011 09:33 AM
    Just curious but is there a backup app or something..that backsup the setup of your phone, like the apps, layout of home screens and widgets..that will auto push them back onto your phone if you have to do a factory reset? The iphone does this through synch with your itunes account on the computer didn't know if there was something for us?
    Nandroid?

Sent from my Fascinate via Tapatalk
    07-28-2011 09:40 AM
    If you're rooted, you can use Titanium Backup to backup/restore all your apps and data.
    07-28-2011 10:10 AM
    MyBackup Pro, works if you are rooted or nonrooted.
    jpog likes this.
    07-28-2011 10:22 AM
    Google has recently started doing this over-the-air. They have an opt-in backup service that will backup your settings and apps from the market. It will do app data as well, but the app has to be coded to take advantage of it.

It's under Settings->Privacy. It's still a bit rough and I can't find much info on when it runs. You can only manually run it using ADB. Even then, it waits for an unspecified amount of time before it runs.
    jpog likes this.
    07-28-2011 10:25 AM
    The latest Cam (blue version) will make an Odin backup (image) of your phone and Samsung Odinmaker is available in the marketplace... Not exactly a file by file backup, but a good insurance policy nonetheless!

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    07-28-2011 09:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD